Monday, January 30, 2012

Lead Me

Today has been one of those Mondays [and not the kind my close friend and fellow Parrothead sang about when he said, "Come Monday it'll be alright"] where a skull splitting headache is the perfect end to the day.  I cannot say there was one thing that made it especially hard just a lot to do and not enough time to get it done. 

I started working on a grant about two weeks ago because it was due today.  Guess when I finished it?  Yep...today.  Two weeks ago would have been grand but why do ahead of time what you can put off until the 11th hour? [Lord I sure hope my children don't take after me in the procrastination department.]  I tried to finish it last night so I could "polish" it up today but that wasn't the case.  I did manage to pull it together so we'll see what happens.
I had my friends over for a Pampered Chef party.  I'm not the hostess with the mostest but I do love some Pampered Chef.  I also saw this as a great opportunity to have some girl time with good friends.  The food was fabulous!! Seriously, whodathunk you could bake a cake in the microwave?  We ate like queens tonight, laughed, and enjoyed ourselves. 

Back to my headache [you may have forgotten but I sure didn't]...once Craig got home from a stirring night of intellectual discussion in his graduate class my headache reminded me that it was still hanging on.  It was just about par for the course that there isn't one single Advil, Tylenol, or Aleve in this house - not even children's medicine! [What's up with that?  I have four kids so one would think there would be a chewable something I could take but nope...none-ya...notta....zip...zilch...nothing!] I resorted to laying in complete darkness.  And while I layed there, in the near fetal position, it occured to me that I try to do so much on my own.  Not on my own like my favorite coach or kiddos don't help but alone without asking God to help me...take on my burdens and worry...lead me. 

The song by Sanctus Reel came to mind..Lead me 'cause I can't do this alone.  God hit me right square between the eyes [not literally but it sure felt like it] and said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest ~ Matthew 11:28.  Who am I to think that I could take on being mom, wife, teacher, daughter, sister, friend, etc. without God's help?  I'll tell ya who I am...I am a woman with a skull splitting headache, bent shoulders, and too much on her mind.   And it is my own fault....I cannot do this on my own.  Today I sure did try and failed miserably.  But just like the Bible says in Lamentations 3:22-23: Because of the Lord's great Love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." 

Tomorrow will be a new day and I will begin this one by asking God for his guidance and mercy....and then I will let him take the lead....
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

Top Mommy Blog News Alert
Step Away Chubby Made the TOP 50!!!  Thanks for loving us....we appreciate all our followers!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your headache, but gotta love those microwaveable cakes! So easy!
    Derm Deals

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!