Monday, January 23, 2012

Mending Broken Hearts: Part Deux

I was asked to speak at my church on Mother's Day several years ago.  I am not a public speaker [though I do play one on TV] so I decided to ask some of my friends at work what were their thoughts on motherhood.  The one, from my dear sweet friend CeCe, still rings in my ears when my children are hurting:  Being a mother means you  will forever wear  your heart outside your body. 

That couldn't be any more true than right now.  My Coop's girlfriend broke his little heart this past weekend with a text message. [A sign of the times my friends, a sign of the times.]  It happened Friday night but he didn't tell me until Saturday morning.  Then, my heart was broken for him.  He's just a baby [and momma's boy] and it pained me greatly to see him choke back his tears so that he didn't cry in front of me. 

It seems like such a distant memory when I think about the heart breaks I've suffered [or caused] and I seem to have faired pretty well...and he will too.  If you know Coop then you know he's all about being Mr. Cool but, at the end of the day, he's got a huge heart.  He is such a loving boy [a boy that is nearly 6 feet tall and has a wing span of over 6 feet but still a boy] and he wouldn't hurt a flea.  When he told me that he wasn't mad but that his feelings were just hurt all I knew to say was that I loved him.

I know, that eventually, she and he will be friends again. I know that there will also be more heartbreaks to come...and he'll probably dish out one or two.  He spent the night with a friend of his and I texted him good night and let him know that it was going to be ok.  His reply? "I sure hope so...."  I told him that maybe God needs his attention somewhere else and that He always has a plan...and Coop agreed.

He was a little happier today and had a little more pep in his step [Molly will certainly make fun of that one].  He knows that it isn't the end of the world...and mom does too. On the upside, she is a sweet girl and if he had it to do all over, I would approve :) Being 13 is not easy and I know that very well [I teach them everyday and I was an awkward 13 year old once too].

I will be honest in saying that raising kids has been and will always be THE hardest job....and the absolute most rewarding.  What a blessing to be able to go through heartaches like these for it gives us yet another reason to praise God. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!