Monday, January 16, 2012

Hoarding, Hobbies, and Having it All

I've said it often that Emma is going to end up in a tattoo parlor when she gets older [16, 17, 18 years old...] but after spending over an hour in her room, cleaning up, I am convinced she will be on that show for hoarders.  God bless the sweet little thing but she keeps EVERYTHING!  She had small piles of stuff all over her dresser [that was clean if you lived in her world] and the pajama/undies/sock drawer of her dresser wouldn't even shut.  It is a work in progress.  I have to cover the lovely Sharpie drawing that Gabe left her when I was out of town last year [which makes me think...where was her daddy when the babe had a Sharpie marker?].  I am going to make her a chalk board on the wall and all of my time on Pinterest has paid off...I found a DIY chalkboard paint recipe.  I have plans for creating her an art center using metal flashing [I am not a heating and air chick but I do play one on TV] so hopefully this will help her get and stay organized [I'm not holding my breath but it's worth a shot]. We even went so far as to hang up an outfit for every school day, complete with a tag for that day. [Pinterest is just awesome:)] I love her....she's my Flossie ♥

Can I just say how very much I am in love with Craig Hobby Lobby? I made Gabe, Coop, and one of Coop's friends go with me today after a trip to Dick's Sporting Goods.  I mean I could spend HOURS in there...seriously.  I don't often get to go anywhere alone [yes, even the bathroom....I have four kids and they find me] so when Coop and his crew hit the car [1.2 seconds after we entered], I took advantage of it and spent some time looking around.  I ended up with the letter S [I will share later what I'll be crafting with it], some of this E6000 glue all these craft blogs talk about, some hair clips, and shiny gems to make Emma some hair bows.  However, I saw a TON of things I'd like to have for the house and those will happen. 

I went to look around in the local thrift shops around town on Saturday.  I found an end table [circa 1970ish] that I really want.  Its $12.  I have plans to make Emma a small art table for her things so with some paint, some Mod Podge, some vintage Hawaiian post cards, and $12 I'm gonna have me an art table. [I seriously could make this a career.  Not sure how I would make it a career but I am sure somebody would want something I made. Now just to talk Short into this idea.....]

Prayers requested for some things that cannot be discussed in public.  No one is sick, there aren't any problems on the homefront, and the job situation is A-OK for both of us.  I just ask for prayers for peace, understanding, and most of all, wisdom to make decisions that are not easy.

We spent some time with my parents and my sister and her family on Saturday night.  My dad cooked hamburgers and hotdogs and then we roasted marshmallows and made s'mores.  We had the best time!  Mom, Dad, Craig, and I ended up sitting around the fire, trading laughs and talking.  The kids would come and go [mostly go b/c they were cold].  I realized [not that I haven't before now] how very blessed I am.  Having it all doesn't mean having the stuff and I'm content with what I have.   I have four healthy and amazing [like their momma] children, I have a wonderful marriage with a man who is Godly and my best friend, I have the best job in the world because I get to laugh all day and teach science [yeah for being a dork], I have a family that loves, supports, and encourages me, I am able to worship in public without fear, and I am a Jesus freak.  My house, my cars, my "stuff" really doesn't even enter into that  happiness.  I am blessed to have a nice house and cars but I am not going to put all of my happiness in the stuff that doesn't define me.  Having it all is awesome ♥

As always, life as a Short is good.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!