Saturday, January 7, 2012

Music Makes Us Happy

Here at the Short house we find ways to entertain ourselves on nights we have nothing to do.  We've been known to play rounds of Slap tha Booty [a game Gabe and Emma made up and yes, it is exactly what it sounds like - slapping of the booties], have knee races across the living room [another one that is played just like it sounds], or get out the karen dunkin' [Gabanese for karaoke] machine.  Last night was one of those nights.  We ended up playing old country music, dancing, and laughing.  Molly was on her iPhone [why does she have an iPhone?] playing tunes and I was on Youtube - we were trying to out do the other with songs.  Here are a few we played:

You Never Even Called Me By My Name - David Allen Coe
Classic song and proof that I am, in fact, a redneck. [I know that comes as a huge shock to some of you.  Sorry to dispell the myth that I wasn't.]

He Stopped Loving Her Today - George Jones

Craig loves to pick on me [he says I'm easy to pick on - he's mean]. One time we were listening to this song and I had a revelation, "Oh...he died." Craig has never let me forget it.

Leather and Lace - Stevie Nicks and Don Henley
One of my all time FAVORITE songs.  We've even listened to it so much that Molly loves it too.  We are awesome parents [as if some of you needed that little tidbit of information].  You cannot go wrong with a little Fleetwood Mac and a little bit of the Eagles at the same time.

The next song was NOT my pick but Molly's.  We did not introduce this song to her and I'm not sure who did but they need to be strangled.

Islands in the Stream - Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers
Sorry - if we had to listen to it then so do you.  I'm a giver.

Our musical tastes, at best, is eclectic [that means diverse for you scratchin' your noggins] and interesting.  Just like life as a Shortie, you never know what you're going to get.   
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!