Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Top Mommy Blogs

In some of my blogging adventures last night I came across Top Mommy Blogs.  I decided that I would apply to be a member.  I was chosen!  [Now this isn't monumental news like, "I won the lottery!" or "I just lost .25 pounds!" or "I have cheesecake!" but it was kind of a big deal to me.] I am super excited that Step Away might get some new peeps [of course I love all of my original peeps who faithfully follow, comment, and even understand what life can be like sometimes.] 

Here is your job:
1. Tell all your peeps to read the blog.
2. After you do #1 then tell them to vote for me.
3. After they vote for me then ask them to tell someone new to read and vote. 

I love, love, LOVE writing this blog.  It's kind of funny because I don't like writing.  I think it's because I never was very good at constrained writing [i.e. research papers, essays, and crap like that]. I dig this free writing stuff - there isn't anyone checking behind me to correct my grammar, though I am sure that some of you abhor [that would be an SAT vocab word I learned tonight while helping Moo study for her English exam] my writing style [and yet you keep coming back, again and again].  I seriously could make a living out of this writing stuff [just last night I wanted to be a crafter or vintage furniture person...I so wish I could decide on a pipe dream]. Maybe someone with some connections [other than free fries at McDonald's] will read my stuff and think it's cool.  Who knows what might happen?

Craig and I are going to get to reconnect with a very special girl that we met in Canada.  She was on our Upwards Team and we had an amazing experience getting to know her.  God certainly had a plan for Craig by putting them together.  He quickly became "Coach Craig" and she quickly became wrapped around his finger :) We lost touch for a while but thanks to Facebook [there is one good thing to come from Facecrack] we found her mom and are going to be able to post messages to her.  We are also making plans to Skype with her soon.  And maybe, if it is in His plan, we'll get to go back to Calgary and visit sometime. 

I failed to mention two Gabenese moments yesterday.  First, he told my dad the other night that he knows that "Pokyo" sent those planes and hit the US. [He watched part of the movie, Pearl Harbor, while staying with Craig's mom a couple of weeks ago. He is part elephant because he never forgets and part goat because he grazes instead of eating a meal.]  Monday morning he asked me what the word decent meant.  I said it means [trying to explain it in five year old terms] good.  He then points to his Cinnamon Toast Crunch and says, "Well then this cereal is decent baby!" Gotta love him because he keeps it interesting round these parts. 

Operation Get Flossie Organized is in day two and so far, so good.  She thoroughly enjoyed having her clothes ready this morning.  She even told Mrs. Wilson [her morning chauffuer] how excited she was so we'll see how it goes.  Hopefully I will get to work on her room this weekend. [And I gotta beg Short for that $12 to get the table at the store in town so keep your fingers crossed.]

Not a bad start to the week :) As always, life as a Shortie is good!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!