Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Playlist Potential

[Shameless Plug: Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs!  You can vote once every 24 hours.  Just click the link to the right and you've voted!!!  I am ranked 107 out of a bunch right now (yes, it is more than 107 out of 108).  Thanks!!!!]

I've spent some time working on a new playlist.  I love my playlist.  I love music [odd coming from a girl that couldn't carry a tune in a tin bucket].  I've posted before how my family loves to sing [along with eat, watch shameless TV like Lizard Lick towing, and laugh].  I spent some time just listening to some tunes from my past [I guess it isn't just mine but THE past] and some I enjoy presently. 
There isn't one genre represented.  I'm not sure some of them even fit a genre [Vanilla Ice?  Come on Eileen?] but they are just a very small piece of my musical faves.  Some of them bring back some super awesome memories [like Cheap Trick's The Flame reminds me of the concert tshirt I ripped up, with a fork, at Untouchables, because I was mad at a boy....good thing HE gave me the tshirt.] RCHP so reminds of Stephanie and cruising the court square and Lollapalooza [don't ask...]. Tesla makes me think of sitting in my room on a summer night, calling the radio station, then winning tickets to see them in concert [and rednecks...lots and lots of rednecks].

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds [does not remind me of LSD for those of you curious] and Levon remind of laying in living room floor beside my daddy.  We would listen and talk and sing and laugh.  He would share his words of wisdom about life and I would listen....good memories.  Many of my musical influences are from him. One time, he and I went to see Doc Watson at Spirit Square just after his son Merle died.  My  mom was unable to go so my dad took me.  I didn't appreciate it then [what teenager ever does] but I sure did enjoy listening to that music...and still do. Stagger Lee is a throwback from some Sunday afternoon drive to my Grandmother's house while listening to beach music.  My parents are the sole reason I am such a huge Jimmy Buffet fan, while the Eagles are my all time favorite group [I have my dad's Hotel California album in the attic] , and the people who introduced me to Garth Brooks [I guess I should thank them for that] and Led Zepplin. 

Of course T.Swizzle is the influence of my dearest Moo and Flossie. Blink 182, Foo Fighters, and Shinedown are direct influences of my favorite coach ♥ [He LoVeS Jesus, he can cook, he can clean, and he likes really cool music ~ what else could a girl ask for?] 

Some of the songs remind me of different times when I wasn't who I am today. I will always love Phil Collin's Rain Down and Eric Clapton's You Look Wonderful Tonight but not for the reasons I used to love them....I am thankful that particular part of my life is over and gone.  Regrets? A few.  Would I do it all over again?  Probably, but this time I wouldn't be a spectator.

Last, but certainly not least, I left my DC*B in there.  Oh How He Loves Us is ALWAYS on my mind...always.  One of our lessons from Micah and our evening study of the 10 Commandments this past Sunday is that we worship a jealous God.

"He is jealous for me. Loves like a hurricane and I am a tree, bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.....if His grace is an ocean then we're all sinking....I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way He loves us."



I loves me some David Crowder Band [I know you would have never figured that out on your own].  I think that Natalie Grant's Your Great Name might be one of the most amazing and powerful songs ever.  The list could go on and on and on.... 
Will it ever stop? Yo, I don't know...Let's get outta here ~ word to your mother....
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!