Thursday, January 19, 2012

So Daddy, How Do You Feel About Talking?

[Voting for Top Mommy Blogs is fixed...I think.  I had the wrong code.  All you do is hit the button (it will take you to the website) and you have voted.  Pretty simple....as long as I did it correctly.  Thanks in advance for your votes and pass Step Away along to your friends and family ~ I love new peeps (and the old ones too!!!)]

The Gabester gets a smiley face that is indicative of his behavior each day.  Today, that smile was turned upside down.  Instead of telling his Daddy that he got in trouble for talking today he got in the car and asked, "So Daddy, how do you feel about about talking?" Craig wasn't too sure why Gabe was asking this question but he soon found out.  "I mean, everyone talks don't they?"  Apparently, Gabe and his minions [aka the entire class] decided that talking alot would be fantastic today. He found out talking, all day long, with reckless abandon [and when ya ain't supposed to be talking] gets one little pre-schooler a frowny face.  But hey, all people like to talk don't they?

I still haven't picked up my $12 table - I hope tomorrow is the day.  I am so looking forward to that repurposing [little word I picked up stalking searching the 10 zillion craft blogs out there] project for Emma's room.  I can't do anything to my desk [remember that whole the-guy-from-Craigslist-might-kill-us incident] or the 1970ish table until it gets warmer.  Come on spring time!!

I need some book ideas.  I am in a book-reading-rut.  I ♥ to read [come on....I'm a super nerd] but I can't seem to find that book.  I am reading my Bible and a new book that our youth pastor suggested entitled The Christian Atheist.  I've decided that as an upcoming project I would like to learn more about apologetics [according to Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry website it is the branch of Christianity that deals with defense of and the establishment of the Christian faith].  Now, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed and I've confessed that sometimes I get lost reading the good book but this seems very interesting to me.  Of course, as with anything I do, please pray for me!  I would also like any suggestions for reading material that any of you have but please be warned: I do not like love stories [aka trashy romance], books with talking animals [that is just super creepy...I almost didn't make it through The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe because of those blasted beavers and Animal Farm was a nightmare but necessary in graduate school], or science fiction [A Wrinkle in Time, though weird, was pretty good but I wouldn't read another book like it].  So...there you have it....a few "rules" for you to follow when thinking of a book to suggest for me :)

Today has been a day of self doubt for me.  I don't know why but today I felt like a terrible teacher. [Now, get this straight, I am NOT searching for a compliment or a pat on the back. I promise.  Just being honest.] It's been an incredibly long week in my class.  I'm not sure why but every eye roll, huff and puff at assignments [and there have been PLENTY...trust me], and lack of effort has really weighed on my spirit.  Blah.  My God says that "He has plans to give me a hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11) and that "He gives me a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline" (1Timothy 1:7). Most of all, I have to "work at it with all my heart as if working for the Lord and not for men" (Colossians 3:23). It will all be OK...and for that I am hopeful. 

As always, life as a Short is really good :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!