Sunday, January 1, 2012

Blank Canvas

I have this blank wall in my living room in a big, empty space.  Now I am no Martha Stewart [well duh] when it comes to decorating.  I just don't have that "vision" that some people have [and  a lot of that green stuff people need to buy that "vision"].  But thanks to Pinterest [my latest addictions addition] I have discovered that I can decorate and be thrifty.  My first project is a subway art poster that I am going to create on a canvas or piece of plywood.  As soon as it arrives, I will upload a picture. 

Bahama Sea Blue
THE desk
My next project has a Short story behind it [my last name is so cool].  I found a desk on craigslist.  Actually, I found several, so I sent a message to each person and waited to hear back and this one won!    My goal is to keep this little project under $50 [which keeps the budget Nazi happy] and I ended up spending only $40 on the desk.  I want to paint it Bahama sea blue [In fact, I think it would be great to take a swatch of paint and a picture of the desk to the Bahamas to see if the blue there actually matches.  Wonder if I can talk Short into that one?].  I have a vision for my living room and for this area. 

My next little project will be to create something on this blank wall. [I started to give Gabe a Sharpie marker but changed my mind at the last minute.]  My hope is either one of two things: a wall quote big enough to fill up the wall or a gallery wall of pictures.  Every time I get on Pinterest I change my mind. I will keep you posted.
My blank canvas

Now there is a good story behind the desk.  I found the desk and then discovered that the man selling it only lived in Gastonia.  My thinking? "Perfect!"  Craig's thinking? "Do you know anything about this man?  What if he kills us?  What if he ties us up and puts us in his basement with dripping water?" [He waits until we are leaving the house to confess that he has many reservations about going to a stranger's house to buy a desk.]  "Well I emailed the man several times about the desk.  That is all I know about him." His response [and if you know Craig this will not surprise you]?  "Haven't you ever heard of the craigslist killer?  What if this dude wants to kill us?  What are you getting us in to?" 

All the way down there he was very quiet.  He told me he was looking at landmarks and plotting how he was going to escape.  I asked if he was going to help me escape and his response, [again, typical of his sarcasm] "You are on your own.  It will be your fault if we're both bound to a chair, in a basement with one light, and dripping pipes."  Needless to say, [and much to Craig's relief] the seller was the very nice wife of the man I had corresponded with and the purchase was made without duct tape, knives, or drippy basements.  [I love it when I am right.] 

The first day of 2012 started off with a great service at FBC-KM about God's plan (Jeremiah 29:11), purpose (Ephesians 2:10), and promise (Romans 8:28) for our lives.  We spend the afternoon just hanging at the house, resting, and laughing.  Not a bad way to start off a new year :)

As always, life as a Short is fantastic!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!