Friday, February 3, 2012

Abraham Lincolnton and the Italian Texans

Gabe is a mess - straight up. [As if I needed to proclaim that from the rooftop.]  Yesterday was Groundhog Day [if I didn't know that already he has given me daily reminders...he's like an elephant] so when I picked him up at preschool he says, "Guess what mommy? That groundhog saw his shadow and now we're going to have six more weeks of Christmas!"  I didn't have the heart to tell him it was simply winter - why dash his dreams?

He has also been learning about President's Day.  He came home one night and told us all about George Washington and that whole cherry tree thing. [I just wonder if that is true.  No, I really don't care but it sounded good.] He is our conversation:
Gabe: Abraham Lincolnton was our a president.  He got shot at a show by a man named Patty.  Patty shot him 'cause he didn't like him. Patty was mean. 
Me: I am pretty sure the man's name that shot him was John. 
Gabe: Nope.  It was Patty.
So there you go my friends....that is the story of Abraham Lincolnton...our 16th president.

This past Wednesday, when I picked him up from mission friends, he was choking another little boy.  You know it isn't a good sign when you open the door and see your son wrestling another child.  [Well that and that fact that his teacher said, "He has been wild tonight."]  He gets it from his daddy...I promise.  He and the other kid just hee-hawed and gave each other a high five as they left.  I learned later, from his teacher, that they were discussing missionaries from Houston, Texas. Gabe's spin on it?  "Texas? Hmmm...I wonder if she was Italian?"  [Exactly what I would have asked.] Bless his teachers hearts....they deserve a medal and cheesecake [just don't get those two confused] for putting up with him.  You just never, ever know what he's going to do or say.

As always, life as a CRAZY Short is awesome!
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!