Thursday, January 7, 2010

Yes Ma'am

First of all, I spent the afternoon reading with Flossie (for those of you new to the Short family, Flossie is Emma - quite appropriate don't you think?) at her school's family reading night. What fun!! We picked a book, 17 Things I'm Not Allowed to Do Anymore, and we had a ball. Of course, I'm afraid that it gave Floss some ideas - like gluing Gabe's feet to floor and stapling his head to the pillow...nothing really suprises me anymore!!!

Turns out her $60000 nasal mist works good - I'll have to mortgage my house and sell my first born to pay for it but as long as Emma can breathe then I guess it's worth it....

Tonight, Coop had his first basketball game at the park. He just signed up yesterday and they started playing tonight. Cooper had a leg up on everyone though because when he got up this morning he says to me, "Mom, I lost a tooth in the middle of the night" and I answered, "Well, was it in your bed this morning?". His reply, "No, I think I swallowed it." So those boys out there just don't know how tough those Short boys are - they eat teeth for supper!!!! He played well and only had two fouls (he forgot, momentarily, that he was playing basketball and not football).

As we are leaving, Craig puts Gabe in the car and ask him the following question, "Gabe, what are you going to do with that gum in your mouth when you are done with it?", to which Gabe replies, "Throw it out. [I am watching this entire verbal exchange and as Craig ask him, before he ever replies, Gabe swallows the gum.] I tell Craig, "He just swallowed the gum" and Craig says "Gabe, you told me a lie. You aren't supposed to tell Daddy lies", and Gabe, with that slinky smile on his face, says "Yes ma'am." Again, hee hawing laughter is released and I nearly pee on myself. What could Craig do but get into the car?

Is it sad that I am out for Emma with regards to Wii Fit Plus? She plays it so much that she is in the number one place on almost every single game. So tonight, I'm gunning for her....I'm out for blood. I start with one of my favorite games, Kung Fu Rhythm. Of course, sister hops out of the shower just in time to critique EVERY move I make! And, as luck would have it, she's still number one, on every game. A little friendly competition is good but she's only 5 - *$^&@*! Not to mention, the entire time I'm playing she's giving me friendly tips or commenting or better yet, laughing, HYSTERICALLY at me. Watch out Emma - yo momma is ready to kick your fanny? [Pipe in laughter from Emma]

Ready for the weekend...and ready for it to get just a little warmer...is it too much to ask to see 45? I don't think so! I mean, GEEZ, I slept in the Snuggie the other night (along with other clothes - please people!)

♥ Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!