Saturday, January 23, 2010

Potty Training and Pacifiers

So....Gabe is still working on the potty - when he feels like it! *$@(&* He told Craig that if Craig used the potty he would give him a gummy bear but that he [Gabe] would be just fine going in his diaper. I asked him if he wanted me to buy some pull-ups and his reply was, "No...I can just go in my diaper." I know I shouldn't be so hung up on him using it but all of the other children at my house just went [I know, he's the baby and the youngest of four but really?] on their own....he is so stubborn! [Just like his daddy :)]

And the pacifier is KILLING me! He will not give it up [or is it that I just won't take it away? Hmmmmmm....] and he has learned that if he is tired then he can have it. He will get up in the mornings and give it to me then an hour later tell me, "I'm tired. Can I have my pacy?" He is smart - way smarter than me.

I cannot continue to blog without telling one of my favorite stories of all time. [Let me insert disclaimer here: This story is not meant to offend anyone. It's just the life of living with a very curious five year old, in a small house, with doors that don't lock sometimes...now you are really worried aren't you?] Several years ago - 3 1/2 maybe - Craig was home with just Emma. She needed a bath so he decided to give her a quick shower. As they were showering she "pointed" to him and said, "Daddy, you gots a little hot dog!" Needless to say, his shower was over and that was the last time he showered with her. Fast forward to about a month ago...Craig was getting out of the shower so we could go somewhere. Emma was in her room but somehow ended up in the bathroom, where Craig was getting out of the shower [A little foreshadowing for you in the disclaimer above: The bathroom door sort of picks and chooses when it wants to lock.] Emma ran to me, in the kitchen, and loudly proclaimed that her daddy had and enormous "frenious". When I asked her what in the world she was talking about she told me that she saw daddy getting out of the shower...and being the somewhat intelligent person I am, I put two and two together. Soooo....Now Craig not only locks the bathroom door but he also locks the bedroom door. [Some of you will quit reading this blog because you cannot believe that I did not correct my daughter (actually I told her that she needed to stay out of the bathroom when anyone was getting out of the shower) or you'll stop reading it because you cannot believe that I would actually tell that story. To you I say maybe you should live a little more and worry a little less about what others think.]

There are three coach's wives that are expecting babies. The head coach and his wife hosted couples diaper pounding for them last night and we had a blast. Two are new moms for the second or third time and one is a mom for the first time. We laughed when she asked if the baby was going to wear all of those diapers...she's got a lot to learn! The very best part was that I was NOT one of those that is expecting a baby :)
As always....life is good :)
Missy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!