Sunday, January 17, 2010

Funnel Cakes

Tonight I was THE master chef...we had stir fry chicken (my own personal recipe), fried rice, Szechuan veggies, Lo Mein, AND egg rolls (frozen - can't take credit). Forget the Chinese buffett - we got it goin' on at the Short house.

Earlier today, for some reason, Coop was talking about funnel cakes. So I decided to make funnel cakes after the Chinese buffett. They were really good and Emma especially liked them.
Emma: Momma these are really good! What are funnel cakes made out from?
Craig: Funnels.
Emma: Well the funnels that made these cakes are good!

Coop and Gabe decided they wanted to wrestle in the living room. This is the conversation I overheard:
Gabe: I'll take you down you woser!
Coop: You're a midget! You can't beat me!
Gabe: I'm not a midget. You're a woser and I'll get you little boy.
Coop: Bring it on...
Gabe: No, you bring it on woser!

Still not much success on the potty training front. Like tonight, while getting ready to wrestle, Emma says to Gabe, "Ewww Gabe! You pooped!" Gabe's response, "Thanks Emma!" He is just not interested at all....I guess we'll keep trying (or I'll go crazy)!

Gabe and Emma like to pretend like they are wrestlers being called to the ring by Craig. He's the arena announcer. Tonight this was Gabe's entrance: Weighing in at 34 pounds, the Diaper Dandy, the King of Poop, Gabe the Annihilator!! Emma got this one: Weighing in at 50 pounds, the Queen of Mean, the Diva of Mismatched Pajamas, Emma "The Evil"Short!!! And Cooper had to join in the fun: Weighing in at one metric ton, smelling of cheese and feet, the only man to ever eat a poopie diaper and live to tell about it, Cooper "The Annoying" Short!! [I will say that I did take some creative license with the announcements since I have the memory span of a gnat and I forget exactly how Craig worded the entrances but you get the picture.]

Gabe has this fascination with Michael Jackson. When he died this past summer, Molly and Cooper started listening to his music a lot so Gabe practially knows every song. He'll ask, "Can I hear Billie Jeans?" He also knows a few MJ moves...not quite big enough to do the moon walk but he does a mean Thriller zombie. Maybe I'll get him a sequined glove, some highwaters, and white socks and see where it gets him. "But the kid is not my son."

I have manged to be SUPER lazy today...and it's been awesome :)

♥ Missy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!