Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Beat Again - &$#@*!

Emma: Hey Momma, will you play Uno with me?
Me [Seeing an opportunity to finally beat Emma at a game]: Sure sweetie!
Emma: Ok! You shuffle and I'll deal.
Me [to myself]: I am the Uno queen! I so rock at Uno and besides she's only five
****25 minutes later****
Emma [Holding one stinkin' card after laying down the "Wild/Draw Four"]: UNO!!
Me [Holding so many cards that I have to hold them with two hands]: Shut it....

We're riding back to KM to go to church tonight. Gabe, out of the clear blue, yells "Boobies!" then pulls up his shirt. "Look at my boobies!" he shouts in his three year old voice. Not sure what possessed his next request but then I hear him say, "Mowy [he can't say Molly] you pull up your shirt and let me see your boobies!" Maybe while Emma's dancing and cocktail waitressing in Vegas, Gabe will have a lucrative career on Jerry Springer or on Bourbon Street trying to get the ladies to bare it all...

We left KM to pick Molly up in Shelby and our plan was to stop at Chic Fil A for a free chicken sandwich. I wasn't counting on the fact that EVERY SINGLE person that wasn't incapacitated or dead, living in the vicinity of CFA, would also be stopping in for their free sandwich as well. The entire intersection was blocked, the Wal Mart parking lot was full, and in the parking lot of CFA crazy people were double and triple parked. Are chicken sandwiches really that good? Let me answer that for you - NO! The Shorts decided to ride through McDonald's for $1 menu items and Subway for Craig and me.

On the way to school today Emma said she had a deva ju moment. When I asked her what that meant, she said it was when you feel like you've done something already. Pretty cool for a five year old, even if she said it wrong! :)

Melia is home!!! What an amazing woman! Continue to pray for her recovery.

As always....life is so good :)

Missy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!