Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mommy, You Are My Best Girl

Last night, I was laying in the floor with Gabe tickling and wrestling. I looked at Gabe and told him that he was my best Bubber. His reply, "Mommy, you are my best girl." I was convinced, at that very moment, that there will never, ever be a girl good enough for him :) My heart just melted in a million pieces - how could you not fall in love with him? Later on he and Emma did my ab workout with me. Of course, both of them gave up 5 minutes into the 10 minute video but they tried.
Tonight Cooper had a basketball game at the park. No, I did not hit Gabriel again with the door. He was smart enough to remember that I am not smart enough to avoid hitting him and he stopped about 5 feet shy of the door, waited for me to open it, then went in. During the game, a kid from the other team was taking some foul shots so the gym was quiet. Gabe decided that he would make an observation during this time, just to make sure he was heard. It went something like, "That boy is chubby!" Glad I was at the vending machine at this time - Craig got to deal with the harsh "keep your kid's mouth shut" stares from the other patrons of the game. I can only assume that one of these stares was from the kid's parents. Way to go Gabe - now you're acting like Molly!
I haven't had any success at beating Emma on any of the Wii games. Add to that, the fact that she is learning to master Super Mario brothers and I think this is just an exercise in futility on my part.
Really? She's only five!!!!
Cooper has this VERY annoying habit of making up jokes. Usually we spend the afternoon ride home listening to him tell them and then laugh at himself. I will torture you with several:
  • Why did Tigger jump into the toilet? Looking for Pooh!
  • What do call it when the entry way to your house if famous? A door fame!
  • Why did the nose cross the road? He was tired of getting picked on!

[Insert drum and high hat tap here]

  • Why did the man need a new butt? 'Cause his had a crack in it!
  • What is an igloo's favorite artist? Vanilla Ice
  • What did the potato call his son? A "chip" off the old block!
What is so terribly funny is that we've heard them so much we know all the punchlines...yet it doesn't phase him - he keeps telling them and telling them and telling them....OMG!
Emma is excited about the 100th day of school next week - I am excited because that is an indication of only 80 more days of school left in this year!!! I have had fun with my other children [the ones at school] this year...they are cool. They laugh at my lame jokes [I guess Coop gets it honest] and I laugh with them. [Insert sappy editorial comment here] I really, really, really like my job....I am glad I am a teacher. 8th graders are interesting and make life fun for me every, single day. I am blessed...truly, truly blessed.
My friend Melia continues to make improvements. She had a minor setback yesterday but seems to be doing better today. Please continue to pray for her and for the family of Matt Clary. I forgot to share about Jay Robinson this weekend. He was a student in my 4th and 5th grade classes my first two years back in Cleveland County. At the end of fifth grade he was diagnosed with a brain tumor on the brain stem. He just went for his two year MRI and the tumor continues to shrink. He will be graduating from high school this year. He is an amazing kid!
Lame jokes and all...life is awesome :)
Missy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!