Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gobbles

Yesterday, in class, my students worked on some labs. We hang out at school, usually in my room or Craig's classroom, on Wednesdays until church. I had Gabe with me and I was cleaning up the lab stuff when he found the gobbles [goggles for those of you that are slow]. He put them on his face and walked around, telling everyone that would listen that he was wearing gobbles. I wish I'd had a camera. Actually, I did have my camera but I didn't remember I had it until he was way past the gobbles....oh well.

Today, when I picked him up, he had a note in his cubby. It read something like this: Today Gabe tackled another child because the child took his toy. He caused the child to hit his head, which caused a bruise. Also, Gabe needs pull-ups. Thanks, Ms. _______.

Here are a few questions I had when reading this note:
1. Did you put him in time out when he tackled the child?
2. Do I need to avoid this parent at all cost, in the hall, in the parking lot, etc.?
3. How much more random can you be with the pull-ups request?
4. We don't even use the cussed things [pull-ups] at home because he refuses - what makes you so special?

Later, while waiting for Cooper's game, I tried to get to the bottom of the tackling story:
Me: Gabe, did you tackle someone today at nursery.
Gabe: I did not.
Me: You didn't knock someone down because they took your toy?
Gabe: He hitted me so I knocked him down.
Me: That isn't what the note said. The note said you knocked him down because he took your toy. Are you telling me a lie?
Gabe: Yes I am. He hitted me when I knocked him down.
Me: So you knocked him down and then he hit you?
Gabe: Yes, he hitted me when I knocked him down. Can I buy some candy when we go to Coopy's game?
Me: Are you going to tackle your friend again?
Gabe: Yes and then he will hit me.
Me [Thinking to myself: This is really pointless. I could be asking that tree over there the same questions and get the same response. I give up.] So, are you going to be a good boy tomorrow?
Gabe: Yes, ma'am. Can I get a piece of candy now?
Was the problem solved? No. Will he tackle again? Probably. Did he get some candy? Of course. Is he rotten? Ummmmm...yeah!!!

My dad has been shaving his head bald for a while now. For some reason he has decided to let his hair grow out. We haven't seen him since New Year's Eve and tonight, he and my mom came to Cooper's bball game. We were sitting in the stands when Craig, Emma, and Molly arrived. Emma stops, at the bottom of the steps, and yells up to my dad, "Hey Paw Paw! You are growing hair on your head!" He belly laughed...it was classic!!!! Then, later on, Molly says the same thing, just as loud. I guess it's been a while since they seen hair on his head. Come to think of it, I don't remember him with hair on his head....

My kids are wishing for snow. I am just wishing that someone would pack up my house...but, as always...life is good :)

Missy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!