Saturday, January 9, 2010

Going to the potty is....

Unfortunately, getting Gabe to use the potty didn't last too long. He had two accidents today so we gave in and put a diaper on him. Turns out, he's not feeling too good (suspected sinus infection) so I'm thinking he just wasn't up for potty training today. We'll try again when he's feeling better.

It was funny when he had one accident. I was straightening out Emma's dresser while she played the Wii (something wrong with that isn't there?) and she yells, loudly, "Momma!!! Gabe just peed in the floor!" like he's a puppy we're training or something. Did she want me to rub his nose in it and send him outside or what? Bless him - the first thing he says to me is "Mommy, I'm sorry." How could I argue with that?

Later on, when he woke up from a nap, he sat beside me on the couch. We talked about going to the circus. Paw Paw told Emma he would take her to the circus (She went last year and loved it - probably because she lives in a circus here. Clowns scare me - no Ringling Bros for me.). Paw Paw also said he would take Gabe - as long as he is potty trained. As Gabe and I were talking about this I reminded him what Paw Paw said about using the potty. He looked at me and just as serious as he could be he told me that going to the potty was just boring. He didn't like going because it was too boring - nothing to do in there. Hmmmmmmm......any suggestions on that one?

Fairly uneventful day at the Short house. We discovered that Emma had about 659 socks with zero matches and that she still had size 2T/3T undies in her dresser - she's almost 6 so I think we can part with those now can't we? Emma and I ventured to the grocery store - so much fun and then home for a little cleaning - no so much fun. The older two have been with friends since last night...they are learning to visit other, "normal" families as much as possible.

As always...life is grand :)

♥ Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!