Saturday, January 16, 2010

Movies, Mall, and Mannequins



Last night was a girl's night out. First, we met Stacy and went to the movies to the see "The Lovely Bones". [Slight pause for editorial comment: If you've ever read the book then you may be disappointed in the movie. The books spends so much time on relationships that develop, that are strained, that are destroyed, and that find a way to survive and the movie did not focus on this. I did not think the movie was nearly as good as the book - I guess they never are.] Then we ventured into the mall to eat at Chic Fil A. For some reason, they gave us the child (and adult proof) honey mustards - none of us could get them open! We decided to cruise the mall...well, the 14 year old girls cruised the mall - they sorta ditched me :( We met back up at the Shoe Dept. where we tried on stilletos and "worked" the runway...then played volleyball (until we got a stern look from Mr. Manager). The girls decided they wanted to walk through Belk. They also decided that while in Belk they would assault as many mannequins as possbile - I am surprised we weren't asked to leave! I really, really had a fabulous time!!

Melia continues to make slow and painful improvements. According to her site, she will be moved to a regular room today. Please continue to pray for her and for her family - she, her husband, and mom are all at Duke while the two children are here.

So glad to have the next several days off - even though I am working, probably all three days, there won't be any students and I can get caught up. I am working on a totally cool unit about forensic science and I just need some time to get organized. Wooo hoooo!!

Right now, the Short children have worn me out..I'm getting ready to go watch the back of my eyelids for a little....

♥ Missy





No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!