Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Big Boy Undies and Nacho Libre - Huh?!

Soooo....we are working on getting the Gabe potty trained - and it ain't easy!! Today I asked him if he wanted to go to the potty. His answer, "I cannot". When asked why he cannot go to the potty his reply was "Because I cannot Mommy". Well I guess you can't argue with a man that knows his limits now can you? Still, very frustrating because he we need to be rid of diapers - they are yucky and stinky and very inconvenient. But until his answer is "I can" then we'll keep his fanny diapered won't we?

Tonight, at dinner, I asked Gabe to say the blessing. He answered with random noises that sounded much like a muffled horn. Craig asked Molly to take up his slack and say the blessing, which she gladly obliged. Only, towards the end of her blessing, Gabe's muffled horn sounded again. I am supposed to be the adult in the house, admonishing him for being disrespectful but I died laughing. As in uncontrollable, had to hide my face in my shirt, hee hawing at the table. It was chain reaction - Molly to Cooper to Emma and even Short cracked a smile. Of course, Gabe just thought this was hilarious and laughed even harder. He then spent the next 20 minutes, alternating his attention between the peanut butter and jelly "taco" he was eating and spouting quotes from his new favorite movie Nacho Libre. He's only 3 - what will it be like when he's 10?

Our evening came to a close with an exhibition of dancing by Emma Katherine. I am seriously thinking she's headed for the big stage - now whether or not that big stage is on Broadway or contains poles, smokey darkness, and a big guy named Lou remains to be seen....

We head to the ENT tomorrow to see if we can finally beat this ugly monster named Strep Throat. At least I get to sleep a little later than the rest of the Short house...in theory anyway.

♥ Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!