Friday, January 8, 2010

Gummy Bears and Sour Worms

OK...we had a breakthrough tonight on the potty training front. Gabe had a smelly diaper (Actually, it was as if he's eaten a dead carcass but I'm not complaining) and we were out of diapers. I went to the store to get some but told Craig to put some underwear on the baby. Well...it's been about 3 hours and so far so good....

I decided to resort to bribery so I bought some gummy bears and sour worms at the grocery store. Upon returning home, I explained to Gabe (if you can explain anything to a 3 year old) that each time he goes to the potty he'll get a gummy. He immediately went to the potty...and called for me. I find him, standing ready to go and he looks at me, "Mommy, I cannot push the pee pee out." At least he was in the bathroom, trying...that's a good thing!!!

Later, he and Emma were playing their nightly game of smack the booty. Emma decided she was hot so she went and found some shorts and a tshirt. Then she decided that she was sexy so she walked around in the living room, rubbing her belly and shaking her hips yelling "I am so sexy!!!". Of course Gabe, not to be out done, ran around too, shouting "I am so sexy!!!" in his tshirt, Transformers undies, and socks. I wish these kids acted more like me and not so much like their daddy (or is it the other way around...hmmmmmm).

During this exchange of shouts of being sexy, Emma decides she will do something mean to Gabe. She walks up behind him, grabs his underwear at the top, and yes, gives the boy a wedgie. He didn't know what to do - poor kid's never worn underwear in his life and now his sister has decided to torture him with them. His little cheeks were hanging out, on both sides, and he was doing the "I-don't-have-a-clue-how-to-fix-this" dance in the living room. Meanwhile, Emma is bent over, double laughing and Craig has almost peed his pants. Maybe if Short and I ever corrected them they wouldn't act this way - but that wouldn't be any fun would it??

Incidentally, before any of this happened, Gabe had some exciting news for Molly. He ran to her, in the living room, with his tiny hand neatly tucked inside that opening in the front of boy's underwear. With much happiness he shouted, "Wook Molly! My underwear has a pocket!!!"

Life doesn't get any better than this :)

♥ Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!