Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Need Chocolate!

Cooper had a bball game tonight, the girls had to get a haircut, and I was a single parent. Craig had the football banquet [My take on how the banquet should go - "Thanks for coming out tonight folks. This year pretty much sucked. Good night."] so I was on my own tonight. I dropped the girls off at the the salon [My hairdresser is such a doll and I ♥ her dearly!] and dashed across town to take Cooper to the park. As we were pulling into the park Molly called and said Cathy [Awesome hairdresser] offered to bring her and Emma to the park on her way to her own son's bball game. Gabe and I decided to run and get a snack because in the midst of all of this chaos my little Gabe says, "Mommy....I want some chocolate." How could I resist, being a fellow chocolate lover myself? He picked out he biggest bag of M&Ms that he could - I just love him!

As Gabe and I were going in to Cooper's game we were running and talking. Upon getting to the door, I didn't realize he was standing as close to the door as he was...and I pulled the door open and knocked him backwards - about three feet. He landed squarely on his diapered rear and immediately began to wail - I felt so bad. I picked him up, kissed him, and loved his boo boo. When we went out to meet the girls he wouldn't get near the door and said, "Mommy, please don't hurt me with that door again." How pitiful! Poor kid won't be able to enter a door without feeling the pain and trauma of nearly getting brain damage from his mother at age 3. He even told Molly not to hurt him with the door....way to go mom!!

Cooper got to go to the AR treasure box at school today. Of course a simple piece of candy would not suffice - he goes all out. He got a jar of fruity flavored gooey stuff that sounds like one is passing gas when pushed down into the container. When he got in the car after math team he told me that this was the best day of his life because he had, and I quote, "A jar of fruity smelling fart" that he could use. Oh the joys of raising an 11 year old boy. Of course, as soon as we entered the front of the middle school (WHERE I WORK), the principal (THAT I WORK FOR AND GO TO CHURCH WITH) was standing in the front of the office. Of course, my son, pulled the AR prize out of his bag and "let's one rip" for all to hear. I could have killed him...right there...and felt no regret for doing so. He then proceeded to share his new found toy with Molly, who then followed me around the room, "cutting the cheese." And Gabe got in on the fun, and told Molly's 7th grade math teacher that he just farted in the hall. If you are looking for me tomorrow you will find me underneath the nearest rock. [For the record: All four of them act just like CRAIG!]

Getting ready for a diaper pounding tomorrow night for THREE coach's wives that are pregnant. Thank God I drink Diet Sundrop and not the water those women obviously drink :)

Missy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!