Sunday, January 24, 2010

Stretchmarks and Smiles

Yesterday, as I was getting ready to get dressed and head out for my weekly grocery trip, Emma stops me in the bedroom.
"What are those?", pointing to the stretchmarks on my stomach.
"Well, when you and Molly and Cooper and Gabe were in my belly you stretched it out. All of you made it really big because you moved alot."
Emma stops for a minute then says, "Well they feel gross and look nasty."
"Thanks Emma. I feel so much better about my appearance."
I think, from now on, I will bathe at around 2am when the whole house is asleep.

Today we had lunch with some friends after church. We decided to go to the Gondola, in Shelby, because there is nothing better than bread and cheese and more bread to make one feel overly stuffed and ready for a nap. Everyone was enjoying heavy food and light conversation when Gabriel suddenly screams out "Naaaaaaaaaacccccchhhhhooooooooooo!" This was after the imaginary sword fight with Spiderman (or spidermen, as Gabe calls him) and eating spaghetti with his hands. I quickly shot a look at Cooper, who shot back with, "What? I was just telling Will about Nacho Libre." Well there you go...mention Nacho Libre within earshot of the militant midget and he's sure to spout out a movie quote or something.

We attend the most awesome church on the face of the Earth. Our minister is creative and exciting and on fire for God. Today he shared this video (click on the word and you can watch it) as part of his sermon on praising God through the trials we face in our lives. Very powerful stuff and very inspirational.

As always....life as a Short is good :)

Missy

1 comment:

  1. that video is great - thanks for sharing. That's a good church too, we've gone to a few things there, it's pretty close to us.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!