Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Now and Then

Ahhhh.....summer is finally here. Yes, science geeks, I realize that summer has been here for weeks.  But, you see, my summer just started today because I am done for the  year.  [I've heard the grumbles and seen the eye rolling of my non-teaching, working "real jobs" friends.  Have fun working all summer :)]  I really am lucky that I am home with the Shorties all summer so I am thankful that I am able to work a job that gives me this opportunity.  [Sidenote: For those of you still rolling your eyes just know that most of you get overtime when you work past your designated time.  I get "a teacher's job is never done" or "you didn't do this for the money" so we're even.]

I've been walking for about three weeks now.  I haven't quite had the gumption to stand on the scale. [Actually, if I am being completely honest, I do not own a set of scales.  So it's really not lack of gumption as much as it is lack of scales.] I do know that I haven't missed diet Sundrop as much as I thought I would.  Not going to lie...it ain't been easy.  There have been many times I've almost caved.  In fact, when buying groceries on Sunday my usual trip would've included one on the way into the grocery store.  Yesterday? I was tempted.  [I believe the Sundrop company is on to me...those bottles just stare at me whenever I'm near them....] But I was strong :)  I've actually come to crave water.  Every now and then I will have a cup of coffee to help prevent a headache but so far so good.   I am very sure my pocketbook is also feeling the effects.  I guarantee [I am almost embarrassed to even say this but what the heck] that I spent at least $15 a week buying bottles at school.  Just for giggles, let's do some math: $15/week X 36 weeks = $540!! My good gravy....what in the world?!  That's as bad as someone who smokes.  I can carry a water bottle, save my kidneys [and my quarters],  and get a little healthier in the process.

Short and I think the air conditioner is gone in the Pilot.  Gone as in major money to get it repaired.  Gone as in take your savings.  Gone as in stressed out because you feel like you can't get ahead. Gone as in we are going on our first family vacation in 5 years in just a little over a month. Gone as in we'll have that car finally paid off this summer. Gone. Molly took Coop to a friend's house and it was working.  She drove to the store just two hours later and it didn't work.  [This isn't one of those "let me Google" and find out how to fix it situations.  I am pretty sure the DIY on Pintrest isn't going to help me either.]  I am guessing we will take it and get it fixed.  The best part about never having any money is when you do get a little extra and it gets spent to fix the car then you're right back to what you're used to :)  No worries [please tell Craig that]    Life's little tangents just give me another opportunity to praise an awesome God.  We have a roof over our heads [a very nice one], lots of good food to eat, and all of the necessities so when life throws us a curve ball we just adjust.

Tonight is my 200th post.  [Imagine confetti and balloons falling from your ceiling, horns, kazoos, and lots of cheering.]  I thought I would take this opportunity to reminisce about some of my favorite posts from the past [just click on the green link to take you there:)]
[Gabe falls on the only thing in the living room and I don't know he needs STAPLES for a good 30 minutes.]
[Oh my....]
[I am still scarred for life after seeing some of those people at that pool.]
[Involves blood for those of you that are weenies squeamish like me.]
[This might be one of my favorites!]
[This one is kind of cruel but funny at the same time.  I am evil, I know.]
[And yet, it wasn't that surprising.]

These are just some of my favorites. [Isn't it slightly narcissistic to like your own blog posts? Oh no...I've turned into one of those people who "like" their own status on Facebook.]  Anywhoo...I hope you enjoy reminiscing:)

As always, life as a Short [the same Shorts that are ALL out for summer vacation] is good :)
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!