Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I See You Mommy *Giggle, giggle*


Yesterday was Craig's 37th birthday and I am quite sure that Emma was more excited than anyone. She made him a birthday hat, gave him some change in a homemade envelope, and helped pick out candy for him. She painted and decorated a special picture frame as well. As a finishing touch, she brought home the Happy Birthday Vest that the adults have to wear at school. [Of course, as you can see by the pics, the vest was obviously sewn with a smaller frame in mind....I had to peel it off of Short and I think he's got major damage to his pits where it was cutting into him.]

Monday night, we went shopping at the mall for Short. Molly wanted to buy him something with her own money. Of course, the pickins are slim in Shelby. We started out at Hibbett and she couldn't find anything she liked [Short in a flat billed hat? Ain't happening!] We headed to Belk to look for some clothes. While we were in there, Gabe decided that he would grab socks off the racks, point at the lingerie and say "Boobies", and hide in the racks. While Molly was looking for the perfect shirt I was trying to chase Gabriel. He was running in and out of racks of clothes. I could hear tiny feet - running and stopping, running and stopping - and giggles. "I see you mommy!", to which I responded, "Gabriel William Short, you better come out now!" He came right back with, "I see you mommy! You can't catch me!" Sadly, he was right...I could neither see or catch him. At least he wasn't grabbing women's underwear right?

Molly was so proud of the perfect shirt that she chose for her daddy and she paid for it herself. She is just so precious....I want to be more like her. She also bought him some Hot Tamales [his fave candy] and some Happy Taffy [aka Laffy Taffy if you are not Gabe]. Of course, Gabe tried to weasel his way into the candy as soon as Craig opened the gift. "Hey daddy, can we get some of your candy out of your birthday bag? Some of that Happy Taffy?"

If you get the chance to visit Melia's page please drop her a line and let her know you are thinking about her. She is doing well. Also, my nephew and his wife had their baby on Tuesday. Daxter Glenn Morehead was born @ 7:33am, weighing 4lbs 9oz. He is about 6 weeks early and currently in the NICU at Gaston. Please stop by his page and leave them a message. Pray for healing, for both Dax and Erin, and pray that he will continue to remain strong and healthy.

I could not end this blog without telling on myself. [Most, if not all, of you will NOT be shocked that this happened to me...] This past Saturday, I ran in a 5k with a friend from work. She is a much more experienced runner than I am so she was already done with the race as I was finishing my last half mile. I was so proud of myself, running steady, and feeling good. I had a sweatshirt tied around my waist and I thought I felt it falling down. If only it had been my sweatshirt....it was my pants. My sweathshirt had pushed the pants down and they eventually made it over my hips and yes....they fell to my knees as I was running. Luckily, [for the people behind me or anyone unlucky enough to have their eyes on me] I had on black jogging tights so no one had to be subjected to seeing my undies. Oh my...now everyone wants to sign up to run in a 5k with me don't they? :)

As always....life is good :)

Missy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!