Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Amazing Emma

My Emma has been going to the Good News Club after school for several weeks.  She's also been very inquisitive about Jesus and the Bible since the summertime.  I have prayed for her, as I do all my children, that if she was ready to give her heart to Jesus that she might know.  She is young but so curious and smart [definitely like her mom] and I've tried to answer her questions and encourage her.  Tonight this is what happened:Emma: I need to talk to you about something private.
Me: OK...go ahead sweetheart.
Emma: We've been talking about giving our hearts to Jesus in Good News Club.  Today I asked Jesus to come into my heart.
Me [choking back serious tears]Wow!  I am so proud of you!  Did you pray with one of the workers there?
Emma:  No.   When daddy dropped me off this afternoon, I prayed in my room. 
Me:  Thanks be to God for working in her life.  Amazing.

Could this day be any better?  I am so proud of her for listening to God's call in her life.  I am overwhelmed as a parent and overjoyed as a Christian.  I covet your prayers for this sweet, sweet child as she begins her walk with Christ. 

Thank you to every single person who makes a difference and reflect Christ in the lives of children.  Thank you teachers for stopping for a moment of silence and the blessing before lunch.   Thanks to Sunday school teachers, VBS workers, choir directors, children's ministry workers, and Good News Club folks.  Thanks to each of you that cut and paste and wear gold fish on your Sunday best.  Thanks to each of you that get in the floor, plan lessons, and finger paint in the name of Jesus.  Thanks to each of you that pray for children and their salvation. From a mother who is extremely thankful, because it truly does take a village to raise a child, I am in awe of the wonderful grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!