Monday, June 4, 2012

Graduates, Presidents, and Juniors..Oh My!

13 plus years of writing a check, every week, for daycare.  13 plus years of dropping a kid [or kids] off, picking them up, sending extra "accident" clothes, making sure they are dressed for the weather, and sending cupcakes for class parties.  13 plus years of letting one of them go...to be taken care of by another person [usually named Miss Somebody] that loved them, hugged them, laughed, and cared for them.  13 plus years of Craig and I deciding who would take and pick up, who could get them when we were running late or out of town.  13 plus years of growing and playing and learning are slowly coming to an end.  Gabe will be done this Thursday.  [We never have to a write a daycare check again!!] It is bittersweet.  I will send the last one off to Kindergarten in a few short months.  It's really hard to believe that the preschool bully will be off to "real" school.  He is leaving "babyhood" behind to become a little boy.  Kind of makes me sad [but not sad like "let's have another baby" sad] that he is growing up but it's very cool at the same time.  I know that once school starts then growing up will fly so I intend to spend the next few months snuggling and kissing and dancing with my baby boy :)

Speaking of baby boys...Super Cooper was named Beta Club Pres for next school year.  He was so into his new accolade that he wore a cape all day, calling himself Captain Rainbow [yes, he is cool but still a 13 year old boy] to anyone and everyone who would listen.  I can remember when he was toddling off to Kindergarten.  I remember when he broke his arm at the neighbor's house and he didn't cry.  I have the cutest video of him dragging a hose across the front yard, wearing overalls [and a huge cowboy hat] and cowboy boots.  I remember watching him hit a ball off the T with one arm since the other was in a cast without a tooth in his mouth.  I remember crying when he chose to go to KM, with his daddy, starting over at a new school in 3rd grade without his mom being right down the hall...and it was the one of the best school years ever.  He makes me laugh [and sometimes cry], he's a foot taller than me, and he's one of the funniest people I've ever met. He loves his baby brother and sisters and isn't afraid to show it [also not afraid to rub his bare stomach in Molly's face].  I know that God has these huge plans for him [politician, lawyer, etc because he is full of crap] and that he is going to do some amazing things.  He is my bubber and I couldn't be more proud of him.


My Moo is almost a junior.  She is talking about the SAT and colleges and how much fun the prom will be this coming year.  What happened to the days when she was singing "One Two, Buckle My Shoe" and dressing up like a witch for her first real Halloween?  I remember [as it broke her daddy's heart] that she stopped us well before she got to her Kindergarten class and said, "I can go by myself." She is fiercely independent but still likes it when Ma [as she calls me] cuts her food up at dinner.  She is the best role model for her siblings.  She is easy going and witty [like her pops] and she loves anything cake batter. I remember being worried about moving her from Crest to KM right at the beginning of 7th grade.  Little did I know that God's hand was right in that entire situation.  She has the most amazing friends, she is strong in her faith, and she is loving playing softball for my favorite coach ♥ I can't believe she'll be gone in a few short years. [I can't believe I will have a junior in high school AND a Kindergartener.]  Again, bittersweet but part of growing up and letting go.


I cannot  blog without talking about Emma K. too.  She is a D.I.V.A!  I mean, serious one.  Girl always has a flower in her hair, polish on her nails, and is sportin' a necklace or jewelry of some kind.  Now she will get dirty [trust me] but she'll do it lookin' good. One of her favorite things to do is play hairdresser with me.  She will fix my makeup, do my hair, and occasionally, give me her version of a massage.  She loves to read [but hates the math like her big sister] and will wait until the very last minute [like her momma] to do her homework.  I cannot believe that she is going to be in 3rd grade...wow.  It seems like only yesterday that we were bringing her home and I was holding her for a daily nap, kissing her little face and smelling her hair.  Forever she had a curly mullet [which, if that were now, she would not appreciate since she is so into hair] and the fattest little cheeks ever.  She is the most loving child but she knows what she does and does not want...persistance is her game.  She loves animals [except any kind of dog] and the show "How It's Made." She is funny and she has the cutest belly laugh [and some days I am sure she'll be the death of me] and I love her.

3 and half days left.  3 and half days left to make some kind of impression on the youth of America.  3 and half days left to inspire and build a legacy. 3 and half days until summer begins!!

As always, life as a Short is really good :)

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!