Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Coon in the Carburetor

[I know this probably isn't important to you but I HAD to change the template of my blog.  I do not like boring, the old template went AWOL, and I spent about 3 hours working on this.  You. are. welcome.]

There are all kinds of folks out there in the world and each of them has a unique story to tell.  Last week, at MFuge, I had the opportunity to meet some pretty cool people from Mississippi.  The group arrived late to our track group.  Want to know why? [Even if you say no I am going to tell you anyway.]  There was a coon stuck in their carburetor.  Did I ask them to give this information?  Nope - they voluneered it.  "Yep! We was late because there was a coon stuck in the carburetor."  [My analysis:  It was either a baby coon or a very large carburetor.  Do I know anything about either?  One is an animal and one is important to the car.  Apparently, if the two meet, it isn't a good thing.] 

I also learned to never open your mouth when pushing someone out of the mud. Now that, my friends, is important information. [Along with this whole idea of mud you can clean your ears out, if they should become filled with mud, with a syringe filled with water. Huh? Whodathunkit?] "Yep, I was pushing on the car, laughing, and he slung mud right in my mouth."

Deer sausage and the morning air are beautiful scents. [I will preface this with the following statement: I am not a princess but I do not eat deer meat.  The thought of it makes me want to vomit. It's a texture thing....I am weird.]  I am guessing if you cook deer sausage in the morning air you'd have the best of both worlds. 

Spud. What exactly is a spud?  I've always heard potatoes can be called spuds.  Growing up in the 80s [yes, I am that cool] I remember Spuds McKenzie. I even Googled spud for you [and I know you will one day thank me] and here is what I found: Spud Webb was an original member of the Charlotte Hornets [and the shortest at 5'7"], there are several resturants named Spud, and dictionary.com lists these definitions:
  • A sharp spadelike tool used for rooting or digging out weeds.
  • A short section of pipe or a threaded fitting that completes a connection, as between a longer pipe and a nozzle, valve, or meter.
While I learned several things I didn't know, a Spud is actually a freckled face boy from Mississippi.  I am quite certain this name was given for a good reason....we just never figured it out.  The kid was always smiling and happy.  Not going to lie, he was just funny and it was hard to say goodbye to him. 

God has a way of bringing together folks that might not otherwise have known the other existed, equipping them with the gifts, then working through them to reach the world. Thankful to have had a ring-side seat to watch God's children weave their gifts to cover world :)

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!