Friday, June 8, 2012

Thank You Lord

This has been an incredibly frustrating and trying week at work for a number of reasons. While I look forward to the school year coming to a close it seems like it takes more to finish  than it does to actually begin a school year. [I won't go into the whole testing thing but let's just say it ain't my favorite part of being a teacher.]  I don't mind scheduling issues that come with this time of year as that is to be expected.  It just feels like there are mountains of things to do and I can't get a handle on it. [Just a little bit about me: I am not "an attention to detail" kinda girl.  I also don't see the end picture.  I'm a freak.]  This too shall pass. 

As I was thinking about this blog post [yes, I do think about them BEFORE I write them...I don't always check for grammar, clarity, and so on but I do think] I also began to think about all of the good things that have happened this year. Much too often I allow myself to get caught up in the "stuff" of teaching...like over reacting, over analyzing, and NOT getting over me.  Is every battle worth fighting?  I think not.  Is it necessary to always question changes if they are for the greater good but don't benefit me?  Nope.  Does it make my life any more meaningful to complain about things that don't seem fair?  Not hardly.  So tonight I choose to pick out all of the cool and wonderific [it's my blog so I can make up any words I want to *sticking out tongue*] things that have made me smile this year:
1. Busting a kid for eating beef jerky [during first block...gross] that was hidden in his coat pocket and calling him Beef Jerky all year.
2. Laughing hyserically, with kids on the bus in Wilmington, after playing a silly game [made up on the trip the year before] after learning about another teacher's first date many years ago.
3. Being the ONLY adult that has NOT fallen down in the skating rink for 4 consecutive years of going on the 8th grade trip.
4. Hearing the kid that reminds me of Gabe [oh my] say, "Hey, watch this Mrs. Short" to and from lunch.
5. Watching 8th graders get super excited about blowing bubbles on the table.
6. Learning how to do the Wobble on the boat cruise in Wilmington [which also made some other people not only smile but hee haw at the white woman that cannot dance].
7. Finding out that a student does not like people staring at her toes when she wears sandles then going out of my way to stare at her toes.
8. Not ever winning intramurals but dominating at field day. [As teachers winning things like intramurals and field day are bragging rights that we relish.]
9. Watching kids slide down the banister on the way back from lunch....and sometimes making it...and sometimes not.
10. Overhearing mumbles and grumbles when playing I ♥ the 80s on the computer.
There are so many things that make me laugh and smile.  Yes, there are going to be days that make me want to pull my hair out [or stab my eyeballs out with pencils] but there are too many more that are just fantastic. 

As I begin my summer I am going to focus on the positives that this world has to offer.  Spending too much time in the bitter barn tends to make you feel yucky.  

I choose to be thankful to God for...
....being able to do something I truly love each and every day.
....my four GORGEOUS children who make me crazy [crazier], make me laugh, pick me up when I am down and love me.
....my favorite coach ♥ who is still my heart throb and incidentally, did hang the moon :)
....trying times that help me to understand that God is always in control.
....for a wonderful set of parents that raised me to live, laugh, and love every single day.
....for an awesomely wonderful little sister that has always been there not matter what the circumstance.
....for friends, too numerous to name, that keep my kids, help me out in a pinch, and love me despite knowing me :)

As always, life as a Short couldn't be better:)  Happy Summer Vacation!!!!
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!