Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

I have a meeting on Friday.  That can only mean one thing:  School is going to start this year.  Yeah. [Yes, that was a completely sarcastic yeah.]  I have sooooooo enjoyed this summer.  This has to be one of the very best summers on record [not that anyone keeps records of their favorite summers but it sounds good so I'll keep it] because I have spent tons of time with my family. 
Like tonight, at 11:30 [yes, I nominate myself for mom o' the year for allowing my 5 year old to still be wide awake] Gabe and I played army men.  I was Japan [not sure if its the Olympics or the recent trip to DC that has him so into fighting Japan] and he was the US.  I whooped him so he wants a rematch tomorrow night. [I'm not dumb. The whole rematch thing was a way to leave the army men out and not clean up.] I love it when we play because instead of saying we are against each other he says begainst. 


That is why  I dread my summer vacation coming to a rapid close.  It felt like June crept very slowly then WHAM!! Hello and goodbye July! I will stop my whining about going back to work now. [*&^%$&$_*%$#@]


[Totally off the subject but on my mind...] I guess I am just getting old [I like to think it is wiser] but I am so very irritated with social media.  It's like I can't get away from this crap.  Like subtweeting ~ what the heck?  That's just a made up term for "I am mad at you but I won't grow a set and confront you so I'll just Tweet for the whole world to see without saying your name even though the world knows who I am talking about"[Yes, I've hit unfollow many times and then it gets retweeted and I have to hit it again.]  Seriously.  Get over yourselves PLEASE.  Are your lives so hard, as you sit behind your iPhone 4s, with your laptop on your lap, watching your flat screen TV that you have to keep reminding us that you hate someone out there?  GROW UP!  [That soap box hasn't been out in a while.]  I love Twitter because I think it is a fantastic source for updates and news.  I love some of the humor I read.  But oh my good gravy I aboslutely want to punch people that use it to just talk about everyone and their brother  And girls are the worst.  Again, if you didn't get it before, GROW UP!  Stop being bullies on your dumb little iPhones, put your big girl panties on, realize it ain't about you, and for the last  time[doubt it] put your clothes on or take a picture of someone who has their clothes on.  One tweet,[from someone I KNOW] tweets something about the creepy man that likes all her Instagram pics.....well take a hint doofus: IF YOU POST IT THEY WILL CREEP!  Apparently you want them to check you out if you are posting pictures that ANYONE can see....doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that my friend.  [I may take some heat for this one but if I don't say all of this then my head is going to explode.]  I am just baffled at the ignorance in the world today...cuss ya out on Twitter and/or Facebook but afraid to talk to you in person. 


I am not totally sure why this particular issue is so under my skin lately.  I think I just get disgusted at a lot of things:
1. Woman are already scrutinized and under a microscope about appearences anyway.  I cannot understand why girls [and some older women too] think that by posting a picture of yourself in a provocative pose and scantly clad that you are going to get anything but boys [and men and boys who think they are men] who are only "liking" it because of how you appear in the picture. 
2. Girls [women] and boys [men] who post how much they love God one minute then drop the "F" bomb the next.  Wow!  One person on Facebook, disgusted over the gay marriage thing after the NC election, said that he would be willing to meet anyone who voted for keeping marriage between a man a woman in  a parking lot so he could shove their F-in teeth down their throat.  However, in the same status update, he posted how he was a Christian....and this was an adult. If adults can't keep it in check then its no wonder the current generation can't...and won't if we keep it up.
3. How quick this generation is to jump down someone's throat [and on a bandwagon] if it gets them a little street cred on Twitter.  Give me a break....please!  I hope that EVERY college recruiter is watching you rant and #hashtag horrible things about other people.
4. [This is more a pet peeve but, again, gotta get it out.] Do we have to know EVERYTHING you are doing?  #NO!


Sorry to rant on and on and on but this has been on my mind alot lately.  I think because I am raising two girls it just bothers me more.  And, considering the world we live in and how almost anything and everything [like scantily clad photos of young girls] can be used in evil ways, why would you do those things?  That is enough to scare me.


I am not perfect [I know I've made that statement before but it is worth repeating since everyone may not realize it just yet] and have done some monumentally stupid things in my life.  I want to make sure my girls [and my boys] don't make the mistakes I made.  I believe [again, just my honest opinion] that if adults would intervene more [AKA be all up in their business] that we could have a positive impact.  Am I saying change the world?  No...I'm not stupid.  But we have a responsibility to the kids we are raising and teaching.  That is just how I feel. Take it or leave it.
[Soapbox neatly put away...for a while anyway.]


My favorite coach is back to football, Molly has begun cross country, Coop will soon begin his last year of middle school, Emma takes her first EOG this year, and Gabe will make his grand entrance as a public school student in just a few weeks.  I can't believe how fast all of this goes by.  We will begin to take Molly to look at colleges very soon [we accept cash, checks, credit cards, gold, silver, and all charity] and Coop will take driver's ed next summer.  Did I blink somewhere along the way?  Short and I will both be 40 [&%#@%*#] soon and all my babies will be in school.  All I can say is that I am not deserving of all the blessings I've been given and I am so thankful that I worship a God that has a plan for my life.


As always, life as a Shortie is good:)

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!