Thursday, July 26, 2012

Disc Golfing 101 and Other Shortie Obsessions

There are actually idiots people out there on Facebook and Twitter counting down until school starts ~ Are you kidding me?  Any teacher worth their salt wants the summer to last FOREVER....stop ruining that for us!!!  I don't want my family to be running around in 40 different directions....I am so enjoying this lazy summer schedule so please keep your countdowns to yourself. [PSA from Teachers for a Longer Summer]

Raise your hand if you know my oldest son Cooper? [Many hands are raised right now and many more are wishing they could raise them :)]  He is currently OBSESSED [in every sense of the word] with disc golf.  The county put in disc golf courses at each of the high schools and the one at KM opened just before spring break this past year.  No lie, I bet he has played at least 3 times a week [with the exception of the weeks he was out of town] at that course.  The boy loves disc golf.  He seeks out courses to play if he knows we are going out of town and he carries his bag with him at all times. 




Cooper is that kind of kid that doesn't do anything halfway.  He has researched disc golf ~ he watches Youtube videos on techniques, he knows about all of the different kinds of plastics that the disc are made from, and he knows the best brands, styles, etc.  I have been amazed watching him learn all about this seemingly unknown sport.  He absolutely loves it.  In fact, he has also learned a ton about dying your own disc so he spent upwards of two solid hours the other night designing, taping, and dying some of his disc. 

I love the fact that he is willing to invest so much into learning about something that doesn't involve TV or video games.  I am glad he isn't obsessed with those things.  He is so much like me I suppose [because he's so smart and cute] in that he loves learning and gets bored easily [yes, we are nerds].  I love to hear him talk about discs [even though, most of the time, I ain't got a clue what he means] and techniques.  Actually, to live in this house, you need to just love to hear him talk because he does alot of talking [and that would be from his pops].

He is such an amazing kid [I know I am biased] and he is going to do great things.  Molly and I were talking the other day that he should go into ministry because he has a knack for people and a great love of the Lord.  Whatever he does, he will be good at it!  I love that kid :)

Speaking of obsessed...I can't stay away from Pinterest!  Its bad enough that I get on there and look for crap to make for my house, or to eat, or for my classroom but now I'm obsessed with quotes.  I love quotes anyway. [Yes, I am a nerd. It is now confirmed....as if it wasn't before right?] Some of these are just funny [to me anyway], some are from the Bible, and some I just liked.  Enjoy:
http://laurajul.dk/2011/11/08/i-have-a-list-of-people/



Not sure how to give credit for this one...can't find it!



These next two have to be in the favorites category.  I am sooooooo sick of getting on Facebook and Twitter to see women [some young and some old] that post pictures of themselves scantily clad and in provocative outfits.  PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!  [Some of you are currently saying, "Just unfollow them."  I have with a lot of them but I still see them.  It disgust me.  Put your clothes on.]  Vanity is so very unattractive.  
http://sparetimz.tumblr.com/post/24999280184/chivalry
http://www.someecards.com/usercards/viewcard/MjAxMi0yMjc3ZDJkZmU2ZGU0ZGE3
Some of my absolute favorites are just random Bible verses:
http://awelltraveledwoman.tumblr.com/post/10593648684
http://www.etsy.com/listing/100778368/scripture-art-bible-verse-art-faith

I could go on and on and on [and some of you know I would] but I will stop with some that I think are just funny.  Follow Me on Pinterest [FYI...I may or may not have a slight obsession with Josh Hamilton.]
http://marbletulip.tumblr.com/post/3883639468
www.someecards.com
www.someecards.com

As always, life as a slightly obsessive Shortie is really awesome:)
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!