Monday, August 6, 2012

Wow.

Well, if you read my previous post then you are well aware that I stepped right into a war of words.  [And I've always heard you never take a knife to a gun fight so I was ready.] Apparently, it is quite OK to quote the Bible out of context, refer to a person's freedom of speech as "spewing hate", and those that supported Chick-Fil-A last Wednesday are misguided and ignorant.  I will spare you the details [and there are many] as I have removed myself from the situation. A wise, wise woman [aka my mom] told me that it might be best to let the others carry on without me.  Honestly, I was never trying to convince anyone to "see" it my way.  I stated, numerous times, that all people have a right to believe what they choose and to speak freely.  It actually became quite comical and sent me on quite a quest.  I was thrown everything from incorrect passages of the Bible to Thomas Jefferson to Ugandans executing homosexuals - all from simply defending my friend's right, and my right, and EVERY person's right to free speech. [Of course, the consistent argument was that my speech was laced with hate because I said that I supported Chick-Fil-A's statement on marriage.  Oh, that's right....I wasn't agreeing with them so I was wrong.  Glad I got that figured out. *please insert sarcasm here*]  Believe what you want as that is our right but don't condemn because I choose to follow my morals and not your morals. 

Anywhoo [thank goodness] in other news [because there is other news besides eat mor chicken] I have changed up the blog.  I've been working on different stuff here and there but I've just not had the time to put it all together.  I added the music back [Yeah!!!] and some other stuff.  I just wasn't overly thrilled with the look I had going on the last few weeks. I wish I could do this for a living.  Seriously.  I would love to create blogs for other people. [*cough* NERD *cough*]  Maybe one day....maybe one day.

We did buy school supplies.  We DID NOT go to Wal-Mart or anywhere else during the feeding frenzy known as tax free weekend.  Now, don't get me wrong, we did visit the Wally World but we just waited until every self respecting Cleveland County redneck goes and we went at around 10pm on Saturday night.  [The words "I immediately regret the decision to visit Wal-Mart on tax free weekend" were muttered at least a time or ten by each member of the Shorties....even Gabe.]  We managed to spend quite a few Benjamins to send 4 kids back to school ~ that's without adding taxes to our purchase.  We still have 4 pairs of tennis shoes to purchase and a few clothes. [Short and I treated ourselves to a little shopping spree at the G Dub today.  We came away with some fancy, "gently used" garments.  And I didn't even spend $40.  Please, hold the applause.]  This raising kids and making sure they have all their stuff to start school is hard.  Not to mention, I [notice that is singular ~ as in just me....Short hasn't filled out a back to school paper in 11 years...that covers all of them that we've had a kid in school] will have to fill out 4,586 forms and probably drop another chunk of change for lockers, fees, t-shirts, etc. within the first week of school.  [I'm going to need to rob a bank. Soon.]

I absolutely cannot wait until Gabe goes on his first day.  He is so psyched!  It should be interesting [and probably a little embarassing depending on what story he shares on the first day about his family and himself] and I get the feeling that he will be the one that lands us in the principal's office for the first time. I can imagine my lack of surprise :)  Bless his little baby heart.  [And pray, feverishly, for the teacher's he'll have this year!!]

I would ask for a serious prayer request [or ten].  Just pray for me.  [Nothing is wrong.] I jhave a lot going on this crazy head of mine and I am looking for some peace.  Pray for Short [as well as the players, other coaches, people, etc. involved with the team] as he beings another football season.  Pray for the kids that are heading to college for the first time [and pray for the families that will be saying goodbye to them].  Pray for our leaders and our country.  This is a scary world to be raising children in and I'm not sure if I'm doing any of this right sometimes.  Pray for our service men and women.  Just pray.

Thank you God for another breath and another day...the motion inside and out.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I am proud to have a friend who stands strong in their beliefs. No disagreement should ever belittle others. You did a fabulous job of presenting your thoughts without putting anyone down. I love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!