Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I Blinded Them with Science

Emma loves, loves, loves science. [Craig suckered the oldest two into thinking history *YAWN* is where "its" at when they were still impressionable and now they are ruined.]  Several weeks ago she took some wine bottles that I've collected and made music with them.  [Before you go there...nothing wrong with anyone who chooses to drink wine but the bottles are not mine.  I'm more like a pot of coffee kind of girl.]  She filled each bottle with different water levels then blew over the top of them to hear the different sounds. [I must confess that I helped her.] And as always with Emma she is dressed to impress. 




Molly went for a try out for a new softball team tonight.  By two days she will be too old to play on the team she is currently on and will have to move up to an 18U team. Of course, because there is a disc golf course at Crest, where the try out was held, Coop had to go.  This left the babes and I to cook dinner, make fondant [yes, that's right...I made cake fondant...from scratch] , bake a cake [for the HOMEMADE fondant] , and do a little science.  Our first experiment was making tie dyed milk.  
This is what the milk looks like in the plate BEFORE tie dying it.


And this is AFTER tie dying it.  Gabe was amazed.
After tie dying milk [because you never know when that will come in handy] we decided to make gak.  It is fun but messy.  It actually took us two times [and two entire bottles of glue] before we got it right.  This is Emma [posing, in her pearls and fancy headband] with her gak. 

We had fun.  I will say, though, that the stick-in-the-mud-history-is-fab folks [aka Molly, Coop, and Short] were not very impressed.  "Yeah, that's nice." Pooh on them...we had fun.

As always, life as the Scientific Shorties is good:)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!