Wednesday, August 15, 2012

People Pleaser

Disenchantment, whether it is a minor disappointment or a major shock, is the signal that things are moving into transition in our lives.
~ William Throsby Bridges

What a week and its only Wednesday.  Ever have those times you want to crawl back in bed, pull the covers way over your head, and sleep till Thanksgiving?  [Slight exaggeration...slight.] 

I just hate it when I think someone is mad or disappointed in me.  I mean, I HATE IT.  I don't enjoy confrontation [of any kind].  Not that anyone truly enjoys confrontation but some folks don't really mind saying what is on their mind and then they are done.  Not this chick.  I am a people pleaser.  I don't want ANYONE to be upset with me. 

What a lot of people don't know about me is that I will beat myself up over things.  What could I have done or said differently?  Why am I so stupid? [I know someone knows the answer to that one.] How could I have let this happen?  How do I fix this? Dr. Seuss said, "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." In my head, [which I would describe as this amazing mass of brains and thoughts and ideas swirling like a tornado] its all complicated when you're trying to make people "un-mad" [yes...that is my word].  

I have prayed for a peace.  I know it will come.  [I hate to be vague.  That is a lie.  I love to be vague.  As always, protecting my people is my job. No worries ~ nothing life threatening or anything like that. Probably, most of you would believe it to be very silly.]  

Scripture says:

  • Psalm 9:9-10: The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.  
  • Luke 12:25-26: Can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life? If then you are not able to do so small a thing as that, why do you worry about the rest. 
  • Philippians 4:6-8: Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.


So, again, I ask for your prayers for me.  I can't please everyone [Like I've seen it said, "I can't please everyone.  Today isn't your today and tomorrow ain't lookin' good either."] and I need to stop trying.  Besides, I may live in this world but I am not of this world. Romans 12:2 says, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is —his good, pleasing and perfect will." I tell my favorite coach and the Shorties all the time that God always has a plan.  If I am trying to walk this life with Him, then even when someone gets upset with me, it will all work out.  If I try to make amends and pray about it then I can't continue to let it kick me.  I am working on it. I promise. 

Yes. Life is transitioning.  Sometimes I feel like I'm getting left behind and other times I feel like I am barely hanging on.  Either way, if I keep my eyes pointed up, it will all turn out according to His plan.
As always, life as a Shortie is good :) 

Photobucket





No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!