Saturday, August 18, 2012

Splash, Mash, and Dash...Tri Me

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~Mark Twain~

My dad gave me his bike.  He was fortunate enough to get a new one and I was fortunate enough to get his "old" one. [It isn't old.  It is super nice.]  Its not really mine but for me to use until I maybe can get one of my own.  I am going to get a pump tomorrow so I can ride.

I am going to do the Over the Mountain Triathlon in May of next year.  I don't want to let 20 years go by and have regrets on things I could have done but didn't attempt because I was scared or afraid that I couldn't do them.  Who knows if I even have 20 more years? I am tired of making excuses. [I am really good at making them...its so easy.] I cannot encourage my own children to take on the world if I am not willing to show them the way. 

My favorite Bible verse, Phillipians 4:13, says, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  I believe this with all of my heart and soul.  I believe I can do this triathlon if I put Him first and train hard.  I will never know if I don't stop getting in the way. 

I really, really, REALLY dread swimming. [Did I mention how much I detest swimming?]  I can swim [not in a Missy-Franklin-Olympics-way but sort of in a oh-gosh-please-don't-drown-way] but I just don't feel very comfortable swimming.  I need to get over it. [Actually, under it - the water - under the water.] I live about .2 of a mile from a swimming pool that is available EVERY day of the week, for FREE, so I need to just get down there and swim.  The swim portion will be in Moss Lake but before I try open water I've got to build endurance and practice swimming.  Everyday. 

I am hoping to have a training partner [who is light years ahead of me in the training department] and we're going to do this together. My sister [the tri queen] is also training and she is going to join us.  What better way to ring in year number 40 but by torturing myself competing in this triathlon. 

Please pray for safety in training and that we can use this experience to His glory.

One more week with the Shorties before its back to school.  Gabe is terribly excited!  [Craig and I are wondering if we warn the teacher about him or just let them figure him out....hmmmmm....I am leaning towards the latter.]  Each day he ask us what the date is and how many more days until August 27th.  I wish I knew what he was thinking [when he doesn't tell us] and I wish I could be a fly on the wall with him at school.  He is getting ready to set that place on its ear!!

Emma is excited too.  She is getting so grown up.  I can't believe that third grade is where we are - wow!  She can't wait to learn cursive handwriting, dreads learning her multiplication tables, and is super excited that her best buddy is in her class.  And rest assured that she'll be dressed to impress every day.  My Flossie is the coolest.

Coop just started football practice.  He is excited about being the big man on campus since he's an 8th grader this year. [Not that he didn't already think he was BMOC ~ I think he was born thinking that!]  He's hoping to be the center, long snap, and maybe even play a little defensive end or linebacker. [I know what those terms mean.  I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night...Geez.] I just know that he makes me laugh and I love his goofy jokes :)

Molly is staring down a tough year but she's excited too.  She just got her after 9s [which makes me want to puke everytime she leaves the house now] and she's getting ready to make a list of colleges she wants to visit.  She has been blessed to be able to be a part of a new 18U softball team [and she is stoked and so thankful] that will hopefully open doors to playing softball beyond high school.  She handled a "situation" with a few people that really hurt her feelings with the utmost grace and maturity.  She is so grown up.  I love that kid.

Short is back to being my favorite coach ♥  He was on the sideline last night, doing his coaching thing, and having a blast.  We love us some football friday nights and I love my favorite coach!

As always, life as a Short, is really good!

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!