Sunday, January 2, 2011

You Better Like It or Leave Him

I vividly remember the conversation I had with my own father when Craig and I first started dating.

Me: Daddy, I really like him a lot.
Daddy: Well good. I can't wait to meet him!
Me: He really likes football. In fact, we are going to watch the Peach Bowl at his place instead of going out tonight - change of plans since UNC is in the game.
Daddy: Well you better learn to like it [football] or leave him

Up until that point in my life I had never watched an entire football game. [Now racing...I had watched some racing. In fact, I was a MAJOR Earnhardt fan - Dale, Sr. that is. And I had played some golf ...my daddy didn't have any little boys so I liked what my daddy liked: Racing and golf.] I remember asking Craig one time, while watching a game, "Why do they always run towards the people?" Craig responded, puzzled, "What do you mean?" and I answered with "When one team kicks the ball [punts] to the other, why does the team with the ball always run straight to the middle, where everyone on the other team is already? Why not just run around the edge?" Craig [with some major eye rolling I am sure], "Honey, that is just how it works. Always going to the edge takes too much time." At a high school play off game I asked him was the other team going to kick a three point conversion. "Missy, honey, that would be a field goal." I was not a football kind of girl.

But now I can talk some smack with most men [sort of...it sounds good anyway] and I've been to and seen my share of football games. In fact, this past Saturday, we watched EVERY bowl game on TV. Most Saturdays, during football season, you will find me at the TV. I love my Colts [been a Peyton Manning fan since the late 90s] and I even have a fantasy team [Lost Shakers of Salt - I'm also a Parrothead]. And I try very hard not to miss a game on Fridays [mostly 'cause I like to watch that cute coach with the hat and the headset that coaches defense ♥]. I even critique the game for Craig when he gets home on Friday nights [which he loves by the way]. We are a football family...go figure.

I can say that I love it so I don't have to leave him ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!