Monday, January 24, 2011

Putting out Fires

Friday night had the most fun with some truly good friends. I met Jenny, Sue, Mindy, Emily, and Mallory at Mi Pueblito's in Shelby for dinner. [Mindy, Sue, and Jenny are sisters..Emily is Sue's daughter and Mallory is Mindy's daughter...I had both Emily and Mallory for two years each - 4th and 5th grade....and I taught school with Mindy, Sue, and Jenny for years. Could those connections be any more complicated?] We laughed and just had a fabulous time together. [I like to consider myself sort of an honorary sister :)]

Jenny [my favorite oldest friend as I call her] had some salsa and let's just say it set me on fire. I didn't realize how hot it was until it was too late [i.e. I put a large chip-full in my mouth. Not cool to go spitting chips and stuff out of your mouth at the dinner table.] It set my mouth on fire! I was telling Craig about it and Gabe overheard our conversation. He looked at me, kind of puzzled, and he said, "So did the fireman have to come and put out the fire?" AND he was serious. "No buddy...I just used water." That seemed to satisfy him [or confuse him terribly considering fire usually involves a fireman] for the time being.

I have been fortunate enough [and VERY blessed] to have a new opportunity in my life [I would elaborate more but considering this is a public blog that may not be the professional thing to do...] and I am thoroughly enjoying it so far. So today I was putting out fires all the way there. Cooper had pictures at basketball, Emma had to help do the Pledge of Allegiance at the school board meeting, Molly had Bible study, and Gabe, well he just had to be Gabe...but poor Craig was having to deal with all of it - ALONE! Cooper informed me at 3:25pm as I was jumping back in the car for my adventure that he really needed to be at basketball 30 minutes early. [So is this where I tell you that I clapped my hands, said "Abra-Cadabra", and solved the dilemma?] I start calling around, trying to get my good friend to pick Cooper up, while stopping to meet Craig to change cars, and making sure that I get a diet Sundrop for the ride [Priorities here people....]. I was afraid that she wasn't going to get the message about Cooper so at each stoplight I am sending text messages to various people to make sure she got the word and to Craig to give him the plans. By the time I got to my next adventure it was problem solved! [I know...I'm good...no need to pat me on the back...or send money...unless, of course, you insist] Actually the credit goes to my main squeeze, Mr. Short, for getting the diva dressed to impress and taking the holy terror to a school board meeting! He is awesome :) [He also likes money...big bills are fine] . No, we didn't forget about Molly - she rides with a friend each week. [My parents have crowned her Cinderella because she always has to do the dirty work around here...she so has them snowed...we actually split the dirty work between her and Cooper. Does that make him the little mouse that hangs out with Cinderella?]

So, for the first day of the week, it wasn't a bad one. As always, life as a Shortie is just plain awesome.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!