Monday, January 10, 2011

Showers and Snow

Now, before some of you get in a twist, it's not what the title implies [Well, it is, but not what some of you are thinking] . Follow along with me...

Yesterday morning, Emma and Gabe both needed a bath. We'd been up late on Saturday night and neither of them had been in the shower or taken a bath. Now since there are 6 of us here we have to plan bathing very carefully so that everyone gets hot water. Usually, Gabe will take a shower with Cooper and Emma is big enough that she likes to take a shower by herself. [Some of you, right now, are wondering why I am talking about our "shower schedule" on a public blog and some of you are wondering, further, why you are reading it.] Well, since none of that happened on Saturday night both Emma and Gabe got into the shower with me.

It's bad enough with just Gabe. He is a water hog [hydropig] and he simply refuses to move out of the water so that someone else can get in. He stands right in the biggest part of the spray leaving me to simply hope to catch a few drops here and there. Yesterday morning not only was he in the way but he added this high pitched [like he's dying] scream to the mix, leading me to the conclusion that he should really just take a bath [or get in the shower with Craig] from now on. Poor Emma was forced to do a dance in the few streams of water she could find to actually wash her hair and her body. As for me, well I'm not totally sure I got all the shampoo out of my hair....but at least Gabe was clean :)

In other Short news, we are currently experiencing Winter Storm 2011 [I stole that from the news stations] and right now I am on my 3rd hour of sheer boredem. There is only so much Facebook you can take before it becomes mind-numbing, I've had a shower [alone] and put my nicest jogging pants on, and am currently resisting the temptation to eat that bag of hickory bbq wavy Lays chips that are screaming my name [You hear the voices too don't you?]. Craig decided that since the National Championship is on tonight and we'll be staying up late to watch it that we need some snacks so he took three of my four children to the store. [I will remind the budget Nazi of this when he tries to cut off my fingers for taking money to buy something I need like a pair of cute rainboots or some new jeans] So now I get to be bored, snowed in with 5 other crazy people [I can say that b/c they belong to me] and I get to cook a bunch of food ['cause I know he ain't buyin' carrots and broccoli]. And since we'll probably be out of school all week that means we'll go from now until next August...this day just keeps getting better and better.

So from my snowed in and showered house to yours...stay warm, drink a bunch of hot chocolate, and have a bordem free day....Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!