Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Look

So I got creative tonight and decided to change the whole look of the blog....I hope you like it. [Honestly, I really don't care if you like it very much - I happen to think it is cool]

This has been a crazy month so far - go back to school from Christmas break for a week then miss the next week to snow and a holiday...go back again, today, and feel like you're not sure which way is up. [Well I do know that because I'm a science teacher.] Crazy but good Tuesday. Supposedly the weather is going to be crazy this winter [according to largely hairy cows, woolie worms, and the snow that refuses to leave - ask your Granny or a local farmer] and when it does blow another winter storm back in we will lose spring break. [Some of you that work what you like to coin as "real" jobs are rolling your eyes right now because we might miss spring break. Come hang out with a bunch of hormonally imbalanced, slightly derainged, and overly sensitive 13, 14, and 15 year olds for the next 12 weeks - STRAIGHT- and then we'll have that discussion about who has a "real" job.] I guess we can't control the weather any more than I control the remote when Short is around.

On the Shorties homefront it's been fun as usual. Gabe has decided that running and jumping at people, randomly, is his new way to get his kicks. He jumped at Craig [Craig was not ready for him] and nearly broke his neck....laughing all the way down. The boy gets up going 90 mph and goes to sleep that way. You'd think I would be skinny as a rail from chasing him - I must be stuffing pizza down my gullet with the hand that's not fetching him. He asked us one morning last week if we were going to the YMC. I said to him, "Do you mean the YMCA?" to which he replied, "Um, no...I mean the YMC - that's what I said." [Guess I heard that didn't I?] He has also decided that a good answer to important questions is simply "Maybe." [Hmmmmm...sounds like two more men that live in this house....] . For instance, today I asked him if he got a smiley face in his class - "Maybe." Then I asked if he liked his dinner - "Maybe." [Maybe? Already? He's only 4....GEEZ!] And one of his other new things is joke telling. "Hey! Let me tell you this joke" then he goes off [and I mean like DEEP end people] with the punchline [which usually contain the words poopie and fart] that makes zero sense. But if you don't laugh he gets mad. [Plus we're used to lame jokes b/c Cooper tells them ALL the time.]

Emma is doing well and has decided that sleeping in her bed does have it's merits [like a comfy mattress, a nice pillow, and no crick in your neck from sleeping on this thing some call a couch {Sorry Chris and Summer...I love you but this couch blows when it comes to laying down on it}] Of course there have been several occasions , in the mornings, when we've had to lay hands on her and exercise the demons [They usually come out for Zumba or kickboxing {imaginary drum roll and cymbal crash}...I guess Cooper gets his lame joke telling honest doesn't he?] I just don't get it with her - she is completely fine one minute then she goes all Jekyll and Hyde on us and we're not sure what to do. What's she going to be like at 15?

So I am guessing that I need to get some sleep...6am is going to come pretty early. I have elected to sleep on the couch tonight since I have a nasty cold and according to Short, and I quote, my snoring could "wake the dead." [He's a really light sleeper you know...I know that I know because he tells me EVERYDAY how my snoring woke him up....as if I can help it that my nostrils are not currently functioning as airways but as corks.] Off to dreamland....life is good :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!