Monday, May 2, 2011

When Mom's Away the Shorties Will.....Draw?

This past weekend I was blessed enough to visit Wilmington with 10 of my closest friends and 152 8th graders. [Yes, I was dropped on the head and kicked as a child.....who in their right mind would go across the street with 152 8th graders, much less Wilmington? This chick!!] We had a blast! This is my skating weekend. Our first night there we always skate and I ♥ it! I am three for three - haven't fallen down in 3 consecutive years!! [Shocker to some of you that know me well and have seen me fall down while walking...or standing.] We asked the DJ [who was a tad old to be hangin' at the skating rink on a Thursday evening...just sayin'] to play some stuff from the 80s and it was fabulous!! J. Geils + Centerfold while skating = Awesome!! [I so became an even bigger dork in the eyes of some 8th graders. They will get over it.] We ate at Golden Corrall two nights in a row [Yum.], did some bowling [I would bowl a strike then knock down one pin. I am a fantastic bowler.], visited some historical sights, had a dinner cruise [Totally enjoyed the Cupid Shuffle but the creeper watching the bathrooms sort of made me want to jump off the boat or just pee in my pants], went deep sea fishing [and I caught a cool fish], and simply had a fantastic time. I work with some really wonderful people and this is one of my favorite trips with some great friends.


Poor Short had to handle the house all by himself. And, in classic Short fashion, he dun real good :) He fixed homemade lasagna on Thursday [Some of you just hit your husbands and asked them why they can't fix dinner] and took the whole crew to the Merry-Go-Round Festival on Saturday. Then, it happened:




I was on a boat [I'm on a boat, I'm on a boat. Everybody look at me 'cause I'm sailing on a boat....] with the entire group, gettin' my dance on, when Craig sends me this picture and this text:



This is what Gabe does to the walls when he finds a sharpie! We need our mommy at home!




I laughed [as in horse laughing, doubled over and snorting] when I opened this text. I am quite sure Gabe really wanted me home after his Pops yelled at him. I told him we would put a frame around it and consider it Gabe's homemade art ~ Short did not agree with me.



Lessons learned from this:
1. Keep all Sharpies under lock and key. [Otherwise, you'll find fine art and tattoos]



2. Never, EVER leave Gabe alone. For any reason. At any time.



3. Don't sweat the small stuff :)



As always, even with Sharpie on the wall, life as a Short is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!