Saturday, April 23, 2011

One Small Step



So I love IgniterMedia.com! My first experience with them was a video during the Overflow service at First Baptist Church of KM. [FYI ~ The COOLEST and MOST AMAZING church EVER. We are so very blessed to be a part of a such a wonderful place. We've met the most amazing people, made some of the most amazing friends ever, and are truly thankful to God for leading us to join.] Igniter Media has some of the coolest videos ever. Some are specific to holidays, some are specific to problems people face, and some are just about church, religion, Christ, etc. I found this one today while on Youtube and it really spoke to me.

I am struggling with running and weightloss and preparing for these triathlons. My amazing mother has lost 42 pounds and she looks fabulous. She rides and swims almost every day. My awesome sister has lost nearly 15 and she is kickin' rear and taking names when it comes to the swim, bike, run thing. She has a little over 3 weeks until the Iron Girl in the ATL and she is going to do so great! I am so proud of both of them. They are so dedicated and they have really worked very hard since we started this triathlon thing. What about me? Hmmmmm....well let's see. The last bike ride I took was in November? The last swim I took? September 26 - the day of the Ramblin' Rose. The last run? Hmmmm.....April 2nd across the Cooper River Bridge. I haven't been to the Y all week. [It has been spring break and all but...] I have worked in the yard all week with Craig and the kids so it's not like I've sat inside and watched TV. [We didn't even turn the TV on until late at night to watch the news and weather - just like Granny ♥] I slung mulch and planted flowers and hauled the wheel barrow full of stuff all week.

I am disgusted with me. I am a busy person - just like mom and Summer. I have four kids going in four different directions, a full time job, a part time job [that is feeling way too full time these days] and a husband that is the head softball coach that is in the middle of his best season at KMHS. Throw in cleaning the house, cooking dinner, buying groceries, and the other every day things that parents have to do and time is precious. Not to mention finding time to spend with 4 fabulous children and one fabulous husband.....it ain't easy. I cherish the hour, each day, that I manage to squeeze in a work out at the Y. 25 - 30 minutes on the treadmill, 25 - 30 minutes lifting weights and I'm done. I want to do Zumba and yoga but right now I just cannot. [I could do the Zumba two days a week, @ 5:30am but so far I haven't had the energy to drag my fat butt outta bed to get there] The yoga class is on Thursdays and Saturdays mornings but again, I'm always somewhere else on those days.
I have to MAKE the time.
I have to MAKE the committment.
I have to MAKE the effort.
So on Igniter Media I found the above video and it made me think. It is small steps that are going to get me there. The mountain seems really huge right now. But, with effort and committment, I will get to the top [or at least the top won't seem so far away]. And, to quote RENT, no day but today :)

1 comment:

  1. I love you. I just want to copy and paste this, cuz I blogged for 2 days and then haven't even had...I mean MADE time for that. Our lives are the same (+2 kids for you!) and that is why I love you. I will make time to say a prayer for both of us today.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!