Monday, February 1, 2010

Underwear!!!!

To say that we have been suffering from cabin fever is an understatement. As Craig posted on his Facebook status, I know why hamsters eat their young. We have $1,000,000 worth of toys, games, electronics, etc. and what is the common phrase heard around our house: I'm bored! They are so rotten and have to be entertained all the time - just like their daddy!!!!
We had fun playing in the snow. Gabe was hilarious because he wasn't quite heavy enough to make his own tracks in the snow so Molly had to walk ahead of him, create footprints, then come back and get him. She's such an awesome big sister ~ Gabe doesn't know how lucky he is!



Of course, at some point Cooper was going to start throwing snow or ice. He failed to recognize that the top layer of snow was ice and to borrow a phrase from Bryan Adams, "It cuts like a knife." He started throwing ice at me and wouldn't stop. Craig was standing inside, looking out the kitchen window, laughing his *** off, not understanding that my legs were being battered by my 11 year old son. But no fears....Molly came to my rescue 'cause around here, the women have to stick together!!!Later, after our family trip to Wal Mart [Could we be anymore redneck? Probably] and a trip to pick up videos, Craig and I fixed dinner: Cube steak, gravy, rice, green beans, mac n' cheese, and biscuits. It was so good...and I should have just stuck it to my hips and butt :)


Emma finds unique ways to fight bordem. Often, she plays make believe games like baby and momma or hairdresser [I've had all kinds of hairdos over the years] or tattoo parlor. [She loves to give me and her daddy tattoos on our backs. We've had butterflies, hearts, snakes, and knives. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em - we have faced the reality of Emma's future in Vegas and we embrace it.] Last night, she thought of a new idea for entertainment: She found EVERY single pair of panties she owns and put them on her head.

She is an absolute mess! Reminded me of the episode of Friends where Joey puts on all of Chandler's clothes, does lunges, then tells Chandler he's going commando!! Later, she and Gabe managed to get these panties on the ceiling fan...you guessed it....they turned the fan on and had, in Emma's words, "A panty show!" [Again, embracing her future with a smile on my face:)]

We are trying to get moved this week since we close on Wednesday of next week. Unfortunately, the weather is not cooperating with us. This should be fun! Craig just yelled, "We need to go to the liquor store today!" I am assuming he meant for boxes but considering we are getting ready to move with 4 panty slinging children to a very tiny apartment, maybe we should stock up now?

As always...life is good with the Shorts :)

Missy ♥

1 comment:

  1. YUP! love it...tattoos - check, family trip to WalMart - check, cube steak & gravy - check, underwear on the head - check...for real we need to get a duplex together and market a Reality Show about life with our kids to some network...LOL GUARANTEED money maker ;)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!