Thursday, February 4, 2010

Who are these people and why are they at my house?

Well...the Shorts are officially living the apartment life. It has been interesting so far. Gabe has combed EVERY SINGLE INCH of the tiny space...he knows every single crack and crevice. While we were bringing in boxes he was running in and out of all the rooms. He even helped move the couch and unpack. But my favorite was when he spotted a man, in the building across from ours, taking his trash to the dumpster. He looked at Cooper and asked, "Who is that man and why is he at our house?" I that baby!! He only knows one house so this is really weird for him. He had a hard time going to sleep last night. [Direct TV isn't hooked up yet and he likes a little Disney channel sometimes to lull him to dreamland.] He finally sacked out around midnight and slept well. Prior to that, he found Emma's stash of nail polish. He comes busting out of the bedroom to show us his newly painted neon blue fingernails. Honestly, he did a fantastic job to be three and a boy. I was impressed ~ Craig was not so impressed...and Emma told him that only fruity boys painted their nails. But Gabe thought it was most excellent :)

Emma has been an absolute hoot as well. She has moved packed boxes, moved boxes, unpacked boxes, and carried boxes. She has really been a trooper! [For those that don't know Flossie very well...ummm...this ain't usually her modus operandi....usually it is all about Emma] She was a huge help tonight when we went back to the old house for yet another load of crap. She told us she likes it here...it is like a hotel with all of our stuff! She's really been very excited about making it look like her home because she, like Gabe, has only ever know one house. She's my girl !

Molly and Cooper have done well. It has been an adjustment but as always, they've done a great job. I am blessed to have two wonderful and responsible children like them. Now if we could just get Coop to quit telling jokes we'd be in business....

My Facebook status the other day was about phrases overheard while moving. I will share a few more here [Just because I think they are funny.]:
  • Is this too big to get through the window?
  • Can we take all of our stuff with us?
  • The outlets don't work in here!!!
  • Where does this box go? [followed by] Do you really want me to tell you where to put it?
  • Ummm...I don't think this bed is going to fit. [followed by] But we got it in here this way?
  • When can we watch TV?
  • We don't have an ice maker! [followed by] ***EXPLETIVE*** [followed by] What are ice cube trays anyway?
  • Where's the jelly? [followed by] Still in the fridge at the other house? [followed by] I hate having the other house.

What a long strange trip it's been. And I would like to personally thank Mother Nature for giving us such crazy weather...but life is still good :)

Missy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!