Thursday, February 18, 2010

So Fantastic!

Gabe has the sweetest little things that he says, just out of the blue. Last night, I was holding his tiny hand as we left church and we were talking. He looks up, when I asked him if he enjoyed his class and answered with, "It was so fantastic!" He's three....fantastic isn't a normal three year old word. He is just so sweet and adorable ~ he takes after his momma :)

Good news on the tooth fairy front - Emma is $2 richer. Slight problem the next morning though...apparently Emma's teacher makes necklaces from teeth the students have pulled. So Emma, after being excited about gaining $2, began frantically looking for her tooth. "Momma! I have to have my tooth for my teacher!" So, I pulled a fast one - I grabbed the tooth from my jewelry cup [Yes it is a jewelry cup. Actually, it is a terra cotta saucer for a planter....nothing but the finest for the Shorts] and took it into her room. As part of my covert operation, I strategically placed it on her bed [thank goodness she has the upper bunk so she couldn't see what I was doing] and shouted to her, "Hey Emma! I think the Tooth Fairy dropped it on your bed and I found it!" Crisis averted and everyone was all smiles again.

Tonight at the dinner table sounded so much like the whole toilet paper incident. It seemed like all 6 of us were talking to each other, about different things, at the same time."
Emma to me: When will my macaroni be done? Fettucine is gross!
Gabe to Craig: I like yogrit [aka yogurt].
Cooper to Craig: Well what I don't get is.....[famous words of Cooper - and I will admit I tuned out when I heard that line come out..]
Molly to Craig: The Early College High School came today - it sounds neat.
Craig to Emma: When have you ever eaten fettucine?
Cooper to everyone: Crap! Gabe just dropped yogurt all over his pants! [Actually...it was a small bit but Coop is the drama king of our house.]
Me to Cooper: So clean it up!
Gabe to Cooper: The yogrit sure is good!
Emma to Cooper: It's not that much Cooper!
All of this basically went on over a span of about 5 minutes....just too funny not to share.

Running in a 5k in Charlotte, at UNCC on Saturday, with a friend from work. I am excited and nervous at the same time....she's a way better at running than me but it will be fun. I guess I better go pound the pavement tonight, over at the Cleveland Mall. Chris asked me at work if I was a mall walker and my answer: No, more like a mall stalker with my hoodie and black gloves. Could I be anymore redneck? Gotta do whatcha gotta do I guess...

Thankful for funny moments with my family that wash away the worries of the day...life is good :)

Missy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!