Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Need Some Toilet Paper!!!!

Today was a crazy, crazy day....not going to go there, but trust me, it was CRAZY!!!

Considering Emma had dance at 5:30 and Cooper played bball at 6 we opted to eat when the bluehairs [old people] eat ~ at around 4:45. I fixed tacos [easy meal and not one we've had in a while so everyone was happy] and we were all enjoying them, around the table [except for Craig, because the size of our table is not conducive to the size of our kitchen and one chair is in the closet, he was standing by the microwave], discussing the events of our day. Remember when Sesame Street sang the following song: One of these kids is doing his own thing...one of these kids is not the same? Well tonight, while we're shoveling tacos down our gullets Gabriel has decided to eat crackers. [The boy is obsessed with those orange peanut butter crackers] He tried to hide them from me, inside his blanket. He forgot that the plastic wrapper makes a ton of noise and that I heard them, tucked neatly under his little arm. Nutrition was not our number one priority tonight....obviously.

After Cooper's game we headed home. I had to run back out and get snacks for Emma to take to school tomorrow. Before I left, I headed to the bathroom [I downed a 20oz diet Sundrop at the game -I had to go bad!!] and quickly realized there was no toilet paper. One would think, with 2 other girls in the house that one of them would come to my rescue. My attempts to secure toilet paper went alot like this:
Me to anyone who will help: I need some toilet paper.
Craig to Molly: You need to help Cooper fold the clothes.
Cooper to Craig: I'm going to watch TV while I fold clothes.
Me to anyone who will listen: Can I get some toilet paper?
Molly to Emma: You need to fold the towels. That is part of your chores.
Emma to everyone: I need to finish my Valentine's Day cards.
Gabe to anyone who will help him: Can I have some crackers?
Me to anyone who can at least throw me some toilet paper: I REALLY need some toilet paper.
Craig to Molly and Cooper: I want you to finish folding the clothes then get these off my bed and put them up.
Craig to Me: We really need to put our own clothes up.
Me, thinking I could sit here all night and still get no toilet paper: PLEASE...CAN I HAVE SOME TOILET PAPER?
Gabe [handing me the toilet paper]: Here mommy...I loves you.
Me: FINALLY!! I loves you too!!

Note to self: Put some extra toilet paper under the sink....I'm just saying... it might come in handy.

It's 10:02pm and I'm off to dreamland. Life is good at the Short house :)

Missy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!