Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Call Front!!!!

Cooper and Molly fight, all the time, over which one gets to sit in the front. They tried the whole "You take the morning and I'll take the afternoon" thing but that didn't work. In fact, several weeks ago I made both of them sit in the back seat, hold hands, and hug when they got out before going their seperate ways ~ they were both mad at me. So this afternoon, Cooper says he is going to sit in the front and Molly has a come-apart.
"It's my turn to sit in the front!!! Daddy said so. We are supposed to take turns and this is my week."
"Huh uh!" says Cooper, "Daddy said that we take turns. You get the front in the mornings and I get it in the afternoons."
"That is not what he meant!" shouts Molly.
[All this time, Emma and I are thinking we'd both like to just go home. My suggestion is to make them sit on top of the car but that is against the law and apparently, against good parenting.]
So Cooper slings himself into the backseat and smarts off at Emma.
"Cooper Short I am getting ready to come back there and whoop your little fanny if you don't stop with the attitude!" and I stared him down in the rearview mirror.
And then, a tiny voice from beyond, completely sends everyone into hee hawing laughter.
"Umm...you mean his big butt don't you?" Emma said, with delight in her voice. I had to stop the car because I was laughing so hard. Cooper even cracked a smile. [Come to find out, Coop was right about the whole car situation all along. He spent a great deal of time, later when Craig came home, rubbing this bit of news in Molly's face.]

Yesterday, Cooper invited his friend Austin over to hang out before church. Gabe loves, loves, loves it when the oldests have friends to the house [well, papartment] because then he can show off. The entire time Austin was here, Gabe kept saying, "Hi! My name's Gabe." He said this at least 10 times. He finally decided that maybe he'd get more response from Austin if he asked him his name so he says, "Hi! My name's Gabe. What's your name?" and of course, Austin reponds with "Austin." Gabe's response, "Your name is Awesome?" I smiled at Austin and said, "Just say yes." :)

We're on day 4 of Operation Big Boy Underwear [No, Craig's been wearing his for years but thanks for asking.] and so far we've only had a few accidents. I feel like every 20 seconds or so I find myself saying, "Gabe. Do you need to go to the potty?" His usual reply, "I cannot." We will keep working on it.

We are off to the circus in Greensboro on Saturday. I hope they don't keep me...or maybe I hope they do....I'll have to think on that one.

Life in the Short papartment is pretty good....even if a little [Who are we kidding...ALOT] crazy!

Missy ♥

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA...oh yeah, the butt comments - somewhere, somehow we're related for sure ;) LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!