Saturday, July 21, 2012

If I Was Pandora I Would Play.....

I haven't gone away [though some of you might be hoping that would happen] but I've been very busy since coming home from vacation.  It takes a lot of time and effort to sit in the recliner, watch TV, and sleep late.  We had to take a vacation from our vacation right? In all honesty, I've been kind of bummed out this week.  I think it is because I had so much fun with my family but as soon as Monday of this week came they scattered like mice, back to their own lives and stuff.  I was kind of sad:(  [Some of you are do that rolling eyes thing right now.  You can stuff it.]

Really, not much has been happenning here at the Short house.  Craig went to the coaches clinic [aka testosterone fest] and Molly went to UNC for softball camp.  It was just the three youngest Shorties and ma.  We just had fun doing nothing.  Pretty soon, with football starting, we'll be as busy as ever so I don't mind having nothing to do. Really.

Coop, Gabe, and I went to get Moo from UNC today.  We had a heck of a time finding some decent toonage.  Molly has some CDs in her car but nothing we cared for [she loves her some T. Swizzle and country music] so we ended up doing a lot of station hoping.  We should invest in one of those thingies that you can play your iPod through in the car but so far, we haven't.  This whole dilemma [I realize it doesn't really qualify for dilemma status...really doesn't qualify for talking about but I'm going to talk about it anyway] made me think about the music that I like [since I am the important one that was driving and couldn't find some decent music] that I would play if I had my own Pandora station.  These are some of my favorite songs [and some of them go waaayyyy back]:
100. That's Not My Name ~ The Ting Tings [This one started off my run...back when I wasn't obsese and ran...I should really dust off that iPod.]
99. Ironic ~ Alanis Morissette
98. Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover ~ Sophie B. Hawkins [This one makes me want to smile and kick my own rear at the same time....thank goodness for not living in the past:)]
97. Zombie ~ The Cranberries [She has the coolest voice ever!]
96. All Out of Love ~ Air Supply [Now did you really think you would get away without having an Air Supply song?]
95. Your Love ~ The Outfield [Molly even loves this one!]
94. Centerfold ~ J. Geils Band
93. Home Sweet Home ~ Motely Crüe [Love, love, love me some hairbands!!]
92. The Flame ~ Cheap Trick
91. Goin' Back to Cali ~ LL Cool J [Man, I don't think so...]
90. Push It ~ Salt n Pepa [Thanks to my girl Stephanie!!]
89. Dyer Maker ~ Led Zeppelin [I have almost every song they ever made thanks to my favorite coach ♥]
88. These Arms of Mine ~ Otis Redding [I mean, if you've ever seen Dirty Dancing you gotta love this one.]
87. 60 Minute Man ~ The Dominoes [My daddy made us listen to beach music and Buffett on every vacation!]
86. Cherry Pie ~ Warrant
85. She's a Beauty ~ The Tubes [Craig HATES this song....which makes me really like it :)]
84. Heart and Soul ~ T'Pau [This song is one of those I like to sing loudly in the car....just pray you're never with me.]
83. Tin Cup Chalice ~ Jimmy Buffett
82. Gin and Juice ~ Snoop Dog [This one is a classic and I like it.]
81. Time for Me to Fly ~ REO Speedwagon
80. Glory Days ~ Bruce Springsteen [I have this album:)]
79. The Reflex  ~ Duran Duran
78. Give it Away ~ Red Hot Chili Peppers [Again, I must give props to Stephanie!]
77. Our House ~ Madness
76. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - Elton John [I don't care if this song is about LSD.  I don't take LSD, haven't ever taken LSD, and this song won't make me take it.]
75. Wonderful Tonight ~ Eric Clapton
74. Friends in Low Places ~ Garth Brooks [I am a redneck...you knew one of these would show up sooner or later.]
73. Shook Me All Night Long ~ AC/DC [This one reminds me of junior high dances!]
72. We Are the World ~ Various [Can't help it...I love it!]
71. Feed the World ~ Various [See 72]
70. Like a Prayer ~ Madonna [Super weird video but the song rocks.]
69. Summer of 69 ~ Bryan Adams [My very first concert in 6th grade and I still have this album.]
68. I Wish it Would Rain Down ~ Phil Collins [He is one of my absolute faves and my kids can't stand listening to it.]
67. Tell the Truth ~ Jude Cole
66. All this I Should Have Known ~ Breathe
65. Sharp Dressed Man ~ ZZ Top [My daddy's influence :)]
64. Jesse's Girl ~ Rick Springfield
63. Push ~ Matchbox Twenty
62. Jackson ~ Johnny and June Cash [How can you not like the man in black?!]
63. Simple Man ~ Lynyrd Skynyrd [But I will say that the Shinedown version is pretty awesome too.]
62. At Last ~ Etta James
61. Too Hot to Handle ~ Black Crowes
60. Purple Rain ~ Prince [You cannot be a child of the 80s without being a fan of Prince.]
59. Fat Bottom Girls ~ Queen
58. Cool It Now ~ New Edition [Now that one takes you way back:)]
57. Levon ~ Elton John [My daddy and I used to lay in the living room floor, talk, and listen to music...those are times I wish I would bottle and keep forever....]
56. The Promise ~ When in Rome
55. Here I Go Again ~ Whitesnake [Memories:)]
54. If You Leave Me Now ~ Peter Cetera
53. Lodi ~ Tesla
52. Give Me Three Steps ~ Lynyrd Skynyrd
51. Can't You See ~ Marshall Tucker Band [My favorite coach really likes this one!]
50. Bohemian Rhapsody ~ Queen [Another Stephanie throwback!!!]
49. The Devil Went Down to Georgia ~ Charlie Daniels Band [The CDB is classic music!]
48. Cry to Me ~ Solomon Burke
47. Hand Jive ~ Grease
46. Sister Golden Hair ~ America [My parents heavily influenced my early musical tastes...if some of you call this taste...]
45. Gravity ~ John Mayer
44. Karma Chameleon ~ Culture Club
43. Sister ~ The Nixons [This one is special to me...it makes me think of my own sister.]
42. How Great Thou Art ~ Not sure? [This one hymn always makes me think of my Granny.  I could hear it over and over and over again and never get tired of it.]
41. Sake of the Call ~ Steven Curtis Chapman [Reminds of Carolina Cross Connection :)]
40. To Hell with the Devil ~ Stryper [I also have this album. Wish I had a record player....]
39. Shameless ~ Garth Brooks
38. Sugar ~ Tonic
37. Rain King ~ Counting Crowes [Reminds me of college:)]
36. Much Too Young ~ Garth Brooks
35. Changes in Lattitude, Changes in Attitude ~ Jimmy Buffett [Why can't I live on an island somewhere, where all drinks have tiny umbrellas and I don't have a thing to do?]
34. Bang Your Head ~ Quiet Riot
33. Seasons of Love ~ RENT [I should be more cultured and see more musicals....maybe one day....]
32. The Chair ~ George Strait [Not a huge GS fan but I really like this song...takes me back to Country Adventures and watching my parents dance.]
31. Space Cowboy ~ Steve Miller
30. Maggie May ~ Rod Stewart [Heard this one today!]
29. Young Turks ~ Rod Stewart
28. I'll Be There for You ~ Bon Jovi
27. Peaceful, Easy Feeling ~ The Eagles [Just the first of many my friends!]
26. Feed Jake ~ Pirates of the Mississippi
25. Wasted Time ~ The Eagles
24. Boys of Summer ~ Don Henley
23. Where the Streets Have No Name ~ U2
22. You Never Even Called Me By My Name ~ David Allen Coe [Guilty I suppose...]
21. Great Fillin' Station Hold Up ~ Jimmy Buffett
20. She Talks to Angels ~ Black Crowes
19. I Saw Red ~ Warrant [Told ya I liked the hairbands:)]
18. My Own Worst Enemy ~ Lit
17. Leather and Lace ~ Stevie Nicks and Don Henley
16. Go Your Own Way ~ Fleetwood Mac
15. Hotel California ~ The Eagles [I can so do the guitar riff!!]
14. Wait ~ White Lion
13. Missing You ~ John Waite
12. If You Want To ~ Weezer
11. Why Can't This Be Love ~ Van Halen
10. Take it to the Limit ~ The Eagles
9. Talk Dirty to Me ~ Poison
8. Sister Christian ~ Night Ranger
7. Don't Stop Believin' ~ Journey [It's about time Journey showed up on this list!]
6. Walk This Way ~ Run DMC and Aerosmith
5. Power of Love ~ Celine Dion
4. Edge of Desire ~ John Mayer
3. What You Give ~ Tesla
2. New Kid in Town ~ The Eagles
1. I Just Can't Get You Off My Mind ~ Lenny Kravitz

So, when I get to create my own Pandora station this will be the beginning of my playlist.  Music makes me smile:)
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!