Sunday, July 8, 2012

I've Been Doing This All Wrong

I really should be sleeping right now.  Like we are trying to leave for DC at around 4am and it is currrently 12:46am.  [And Short gets really upset when the entire car falls asleep.  It just that when my butt hits the seat my eyes go shut. My mom suffers from the same ailment.] My Emma decided at 11pm that she wanted to throw up [gross, I know, but I'm just tellin' ya what happened] so now I can't sleep for worrying about her.  I don't want her to be sick because she, out of all 4 of the Shorties, is so stoked about this trip.  She's got a few disposable cameras, a note book to record what she sees, and enough happiness for everyone [and we're hoping some of that rubs off on our favorite coach because tonight he was like Satan x 10 as he packed the car].

Last night I wasn't feeling well [so I am hoping that what I had, which only lasted about 8 hrs, is what Emma has...I know its terrible to wish sickness on anyone but if she's gonna be sick maybe it will pass like mine did...no pun intended] so I stayed up WAY too late. As I was reading back through some things on my blog I started thinking about my Molly and the boy I've spoken about many times.  [Yes, after an entire YEAR of "talking" they still are not an item....I'm getting to that] I realized, after some soul searching [and a good thump between the eyes by the Big Guy] that I need to pray for the man that will one day be Molly's husband.  I need to pray for all the future spouses of my children [especially the man that will marry Emma and the girl that will marry Cooper because they are a handful].  I have been so worried that Molly was going to get her feelings hurt [because she did get her feelings hurt] that I sort of became consumed with being in her business.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm gonna be in her business because that is my job, but I'm going to pray for the man that God has planned for her instead of worrying.  I am in no way, shape, or form actively searching for a nice young man or forcing her to find a boyfriend.  When the good Lord is ready then He will show her the way - of that I am 100% sure.

This really is all I've thought about today.  I haven't done a good job in this area. And it took, being up sick, that huge thump on the noggin', and some soul searching to realize this is my job and I've let her down....I've let all four of them down. I pray for Craig every day [and pray that he will continue to put up with me...I wasn't sure after he yelled at me for the 19th time while packing the car] so why shouldn't I pray for the future spouses of my children? 

I look forward to the day [many moons from now] when each of them finds that person, chosen by God, to be their spouse.  But my biggest hope is that the person they marry loves God first, then my sweet baby, and that my Shorties reciprocate - God then spouse.  Marriage ain't easy [ask Short....bless him] and its hard enough when God is the center.  I can't imagine going at it alone. 

I don't write about these things to embarass Molly [I can do that simply by dancing at the grocery store or singing] but to share what is in my heart.  She and I have a wonderful relationship so I will share this with her as well.  She is so strong in her faith and her walk with Christ.  She is just who I want to be when I grow up :)

As always, life as a Short [including the learning curve I'm on right now] is just awesome.  More later from DC!!!!!
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!