Tuesday, May 29, 2012

All You'll Ever Be is a Bully

As you may or may not know, the Shorties love some tunes.  Shinedown has an awesome new song, Bully.  I can't watch the video [for personal reasons] but according to the hubs, it is pretty powerful.  The following words have been in my mind since I listened to it this afternoon:

All you'll ever be is a faded memory of a bully
Make another joke while they hang another rope, so lonely
I've never understood why anyone would be a bully.  I know adults that are bullies [and I won't name any names but I know one right now, that I see every day, and I really don't get it at all with this person].  I guess going through what we've been through with Cooper just makes it so much more personal for me.  I am sad that some kids think they have no where to turn and that split decision changes lives forever.  Thankfully, by God's grace, our situation turned out differently. I can't help but feel burdened when I see grieving parents on TV or read about kids that are charged after bullying another child who dies at their own hands.  I can't stand confrontation [just don't tell Short :)] and I feel so bad when I see kids getting their feelings hurt.  What is so very scary [soapbox moment] is that now kids can "hide" behind Twitter and Facebook and text messages.  Stupid. Absolutely stupid.  If I were a college recruiter or I worked in human resources I would absolutely look at Tweets ~ I cannot believe what some people post for the whole world to see.  [Uh oh! Gabe's gonna be upset because I said the "s" word - twice.] Get involved in your kid's lives!
[Soapbox placed neatly back until next time.]  I have had a Pinterest filled weekend.  Saturday  I made lemon monkey bread for Cooper's Sunday school class. However, when Short and Moo made it home from the softball tourney he decided that the class could survive on the breakfast casserole...and he proceeded to make good on a promise to gorge himself with my new recipe.  The monkey bread was gone by the next morning.  Tonight I made jello cookies.  Though messy and time consuming, they were well worth the wait.  I will make those again - soon.  Finally, I made lemon brownies [the lack of diet Sundrop has created a citrus craving within me....lemon monkey bread, lemon brownies, Pink lemonade flavor in my water....] and they are awesome.  I've also managed to squeeze in time to fix milkshakes for the family and a Sundrop poundcake for one of Molly's classes.  Thanks to Pinterest [and a late cup of joe] I pinned enough projects to keep me busy for years. Yeah to crafts, DIY, and good food. 
So tomorrow will be one entire week that I haven't purchased a diet Sundrop.  I had one pretty bad headache but so far, so good. [I almost feel like the Sundrop machine taunts me in the workroom at school....like it follows me.....lurking.]  I can tell a slight difference in how I feel so I will keep it up.  I have discoverd some awesome new walking partners and it makes the exercise that much better:) Once school gets out, Molly and I are going to join a local gym.  I  have made it my goal to be fit enough to compete in some road races by September.  I want to do the triathlon again but I have to find the time to devote to swimming [and I LOATHE swimming] and try to get a nice bike.  Running shoes are much cheaper....

I look around and I see all that God has blessed me with and I am in awe.  As always, life as a Short is just really good :)
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!