Monday, December 27, 2010

Twenty Eleven Peeps

So I've been thinking about my "goals" for 2011. I put those in quotes because they are not really goals as much as they are things that I either need to do or want to do [or is it need to want to do or want to need to do?] Actually, there are some things that I have wanted to do for a very long time but I didn't do them yet. I've really been thinking about how old I am getting - I guess it is the fact that Molly will be 15 on Thursday that's making me feel old [That and the grey hair that just refuses to stay colored no matter how very hard I try]. Of course, I'm not that old...I do have a 4 year old too. [That could account for the grey hair problem].

I choose not to call this a bucket list [I'm not ready to kick the bucket just yet]. Just a list of short term and long term goals for me. I am thinking that maybe a little bit of organization in my life would help out [plus I'll stop showing up late for appointments or on the wrong day altogether. I do realize there are calendars out there for that sort of thing but you have to buy one for them to work. I've begged for a secretary and Craig keeps saying no....]

1. Read the Bible all the way through, from beginning to end. [I read it and have read most of it but not straight through.]
2. Start a women's bible study. [Actually working on one right now and it will start in January. It is called Made to Crave and we'll be learning how to turn to God instead of food. Hit me up here or via email if you want to join.]
3. Do another triathlon. [My mom has already signed Summer and I up for the Ramblin' Rose in Charlotte. Summer, Molly, and I want to do one in Atlanta in May. I've got to start swimming again - Uuugghhhh!!!]
4. Read the Harry Potter series. I saw the latest movie and it has intrigued me to learn the why and the how.
5. Lose weight...as in big time lose weight. As in, get back to high school [or at least pre-babies weight] weight and stop being the "big girl".
6. Start hiking [Ambitious for me but Cooper keeps asking me so we'll start.]
7. Volunteer somewhere and give of my time.
8. Learn yoga [I know there are classes at the Y but I'm chicken to join b/c I'm not limber, coordinated, or rhythmic at all.]
9. Take a photography class. [I have at least 2000 pictures on my computer and I bet that 1900 of them are blurry, or the flash is too bright or not bright enough, or something.]

I look forward to the new year but I can't complain about 2010. God has been so good to us and blessed us in so many ways this past year. I have so many aspirations for my family and for our future. My prayer for each of you is that your goals and dreams do come true this new year

"Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Practice wellness. Listen hard. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is."




No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!