Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Griswolds Ain't Got Nuthin' on the Shorts

Some folks get sentimental about Christmas movies like Miracle on 34th Street [Never even seen it] and It's a Wonderful Life [I like Jimmy Stewart but I've never seen the whole movie.] My all time fave Christmas movie is Christmas Vacation. Really...EVERYONE has a Cousin Eddie in their family don't they? In fact, YOU may be the Cousin Eddie in your family. How can you not laugh when Clark comes out to find Eddie emptying the RV's bathroom in the storm drain, in his tiny bathrobe?
"And while you're at it Clark, buy yourself some thing real nice."

"If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn't be any more surprised than I am now."
Gotta love Christmas Vacation....


Isn't it funny how families are so different? For instance, my family [talking the entire, extended family] - we are all so different. Nothing bad about that it's just that when we are all together the differences don't matter - we enjoy one anothers company and we enjoy being together. So like the Griswolds there are some quirky folks [Ask anyone in my family - I am probably one of them.] and there are some that are a little on the redneck [Cousin Eddie] side [again, probably one of the Shorties]. That is why I love Christmas and family...and we shouldn't wait to see them only once a year.


My kids love [duh...they are kids] Christmas. As in my last post, the Christmas lists at my house get longer and longer. And the annual Christmas card is almost ready. [My kids LOVE (hint of extreme sarcasm there) the annual Christmas picture.] Molly's eye rolling should be caught on camera :) Cooper cannot stand pictures. Of course Emma [the picture hound] loves pictures. And we cannot get Gabe still enough to snap a picture. But, when Mom wants a picture then Mom's going to get a picture - SMILE.....Merry Christmas!!


As always, life as a Shortie [er, Griswold] could not be better :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!