Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Work it Guuuurrrllll!

Gabe has this thing about taking off his clothes...as soon as he steps through the door..and today was no exception. As soon as we hit the door, down came his pants and off came his shoes. [Yes, in that order...he never does anything the easy way.] I mean, seriously, we do not sit around in our underwear [A collective sigh of relief from cyberspace was just heard] so I don't get why he does this. By the time supper rolled around, he was simply in just his blue briefs. Emma grabbed a red balloon from my classroom earlier in the day and this is how we found him right before supper.







That is 100% Craig...I do not act like that! [Not in public anyway...of course, my pants did fall down in a 5K race at UNCC...] We had to force him [Like hold him down] to put on clothes so that we could go out and hide some letterboxes Emma and I had carved earlier.


On our trip to hide the letterboxes Gabe saw an older gentleman with a set of headphones on. [As in 1980 old school headphones...with an antenna] "That man has a space helmet on doesn't he Mommy?" Yes...yes he does...bless him. [The man with the old school headphones and Gabe too.]

About a week ago, we were somewhere [Probably Wal-Mart...or Wal-Mart...or...no...just Wal-Mart] when Craig spotted some woman who was shakin' her stuff [She was not a looker but really wanted to be.] and outloud, in the car, he said, "Work it Girl!" Well, the smallest Shortie has picked that up and he is not discreet about using it:

  • Walking through the parking lot at church on Sunday: Work it Guuurrlllll! [He really drags out the "girl" part.]
  • In Wal-Mart [Damn...do I live there?]: Work it Gurrrllll!
  • At the movie theater on Sunday: Work it Guuurrrllll!

He even broke out "Work it Booooyyyy!" on some guy as we were riding through the parking lot at the apartment. What in the world am I going to do with him? Sitting around in his underwear and making cat calls at women? [And some men....]

I have decided that Emma's two favorite words are, "Hey Momma!" They are automatic...she doesn't even need to have a reason to say something to me...she just says it. I guess it is her attempt to stay in the loop [She is nosey] or to be heard [She craves attention]. If I heard it once today I heard it like a million times!

I learned a few things from Craig's trip via his text messages:

  • Squanto was the Wampanoag Indian that saved the settlers on the Mayflower by teaching them how to farm and grow crops. [I got a DUH! from Short when I asked if Squanto was a man or woman...I said Gabe and Emma wanted to know but it was really me. History ain't my thang - sorry.]
  • Bahston [That's how they say it up there.] does not have really large portions of food. [Short is a hearty eater...he hasn't been impressed.]
  • Rednecks do exist outside of North and South Carolina. [I knew it!]
  • Fritas are just a fancy word for French fries. [So the next time I hit Chic-Fil-A I'm going to order waffle fritas.]

He'll be on a train for a very long time tomorrow...I cannot wait to see what his thoughts are then.

Nothing new on the weirdo front here at Casa de la Short Papartment. I did see Super Weird Dad Guy at the dumpster, sans his shirt. [Leaves nothing to the imagination...he needs a bra...and a shirt...I'm just sayin'] But, tomorrow is a new day...nothing surprises me here.

For the record, Emma did get moved to my bed last night - I wasn't a meanie. And yes, she kicked me, moved, hit me, talked, and stole the covers all night....gotta love the Diva.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!